Leaf all curled.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure looks dry. What is your soil like? Looks like clay? The first thing I would do is water the heck out of those vines?

It does not look like leaf curl disease. I would go along with its' needing water. This is advice from a 3d year grapevine grower, i.e. newbee. Cheers, Gary

My vineyard is pretty isolated and I don't think it was sprayed. I thought it was not getting enough water, the tendrils were shriveling up. So for two weeks I have been water the heck out of them and the seem to be coming back, tendrils look good but plant looks sickly and leaves all curl.

I have a few vines looking like this as well, some a little black or brown around the edges. Was wondering the same.

With water defecit, all the leaves would be wilted not curled up at the edges. I still say it is some sort ofr spray damage. Remember you don't need to be the one applying the spray- a neighbor can be and it is carried in the air as a vapor or gas. Some vegetable sprays can make vines 1000 feet away look like that and sometimes even worse.

Checked with the neighbor, yep, month ago he sprayed the fence line. I am lucky it got only a few vines. Didn't tell me what he sprayed, he works for the power company and its a product they use.

Guess you should ask him if he would not mind paying to replace the vines he killed. Responsible herbaside use is a law. Until then I would mulch about 4-6" thick 2ft around and water evry evening till they come out of it or you're sure they are dead.

Latest posts

Back