Cellar Craft LE Showcase Rosso update

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2010 LE Showcase Rosso Fortissimo

Here is how I have made out thus far:

a week ago Sunday I started PM and SG was at 1.100. The instructions said to leave it for 10 days. If not at 1.01 to leave it.

Today on day 10 when I racked I was at 0.996.

It says to add enzyme pack, which I did. It also says to leave for another 10 days.

Because the SG is so low all ready will I see any bubbling in my airlock? Or is this just extra time to let the solids settle out.

I think it is because of the amount of dissolved solids is quite high after squeezing the bag in which contained the 2.6L of skins.

Should I keep on, keeping on as instructions state?

Currently I have 2-3" of air space in my carboy, is it fine to leave it like this until day 20 as indicated in the instructions?

Also I have a brewers belt. Should I leave it on the carboy during the next 10 days? My basement is about 65 to 67. If I leave on the brewers belt would this help with any secondary fermentation that would happen if any?

Ty

I did the Rosso Fortisimo kit recently. At .996 you are nearly done. Rack as it says and wait 10 days. I think you probably don't need the belt at this point, but it won't hurt to keep it on either. It might help with secondary and also be nice for degassing stage, when you want the temp higher as its easier to drive off gas at a higher temp.

Last edited:
Back