Mosti Mondiale Lambrusco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with this kit is it will cost $5.77 a bottle. I would rather spend the extra 33 cents and get to keep the bottles buying the Riunite!!!

Jack, I havent made this kit so I cant say if its better but most of the time they are better then cheap bottles of wine.

I like the Italian Lambrusco juice from L'uva Bella. And that is only $60 for a 6 gallon. The Mosti all juice is rediculous in price. especially when you add the 30$ to ship!!!

Jack, is it the L'uva Bella you are making? If so would like to see feedback on it as it progresses.

Just racked it again, took a taste,.. not that bad, it isn't sparkling that i see.
It smells off, maybe it needs to sit a while. Taste not that bad, my father liked it more then i did, im gonna buy a bottle of it today in a store and taste, see if its similar, plus top up.

just picked up a bottle of ruinite lambrusco and that is much sweeter, the MM is more dry, im gonna top off with the ruinite.
Edited by: Dominick

Last week I racked 5 gallons to glass and added k-meta and sorbate. The other gallon I gave a shot of carbtabs to and bottled. Hopefully I can get a little fizz! Ill bulk a month or two and then bottle.

Its weird cause after it fermented, this thing was sparking like a mutha.
You could look at the top of it in the fermentation bucket and was really sparkling alot looked really nice.

I guess I must of degassed TOO MUCH.

Can you over-degass your wine? is that possible?

I just don't want any sediment in the bottles.
I am going to leave it in the carboy to age for atleast 6months to 1year.
I think i will rack again cause i do see more sediment at the bottom of the carboy. Same for my Castellina di Siena also dropped more sediment in the carboy as it ages.

I'm was wondering should i rack again in 1year or just let the wine sit on the dropped sediment for the full 2yrs ......any advice on that would help.

Does wine go bad sitting on top of sediment on bottom of carboy?

Thanks- good luck Jwhelan

Edited by: Dominick

I normally rack reds every six months. I don't know about degassing too much. I know if you are using a pump or brake bleeder you can get wine burnout. Sediment, especially the initial gross lees can givr the wine an off taste as the yeast decomposes. Hope some of this helps!!!

Thanks, the Lambrusco got a 3rd racking on 10/25/08
So i just want this to age a little, I guess I'll rack again in maybe 6months and then let it age another 6months then bottle.

As for my castellina di siena this will age for 2yrs+ before i bottle it.
I will rack it maybe 2 more times. This one got its 2nd racking 10/25/08 and made sure to degass using my "The Mixster" and then i use my vino hand pump. i dont use brake bleeders or powerful stuff. Fining agent wont be used on this wine, its gonna have to clear naturally over time.Edited by: Dominick

I dont think it is possible to degas a wine too much with a brake bleeder but a vacuum pump can surely over degas it with ease. I definitely dont see it happening wih a drill mounted either. I rack off lees every 3 months until there is no more lees falling out and when you et there it is senseless to rack but would advise adding k-meta every 3-4 months to protect your wine.

Latest posts

Back