lambrusco to dry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGottshall

Junior
Reaction score
I need help with my lambrusco S.G. was 1.090 when I started this on 9/16 I racked it today 9/28 SG was .990 my wife wants it sweet the way lambrusco is supposed to be so what do I have to do to get it sweet. Simple syrup or sugar and how much thanks in advance for any and all help.

do a bench trial of measured amount. make 5 samples at 60 ml this is equal to 1/4 cup of wine. make a sugar syrup 2cups sugar to one cup hot water in a blender. allow syrup to cool , make first sample control add cooled syrup 1/4 tsp to next sample, add two times 1/4 tsp to next, 3 time 1/4 to next etc. taste samples to determine sweetness level desired. go one sample past one selected with proper multiple of sugar syrup to insure sweetness level is correct. calculate required amount for large batch. add along with k-meta and sorbate. wait one week to insure fermentation does not restart, then bottle. do not sweeten until wine has cleared . I would rack in three days, then three weeks and then wait until very clear before sweetening. add k meta at three week racking.

A sweet Lambrusco is a big misconception that many have, we grow up tasting Giacobazzi Lambrusco that was very sweet and sparkling, unfortunately, it isn't naturally like that, it is a dry red wine that must be stabilized and back sweetened.

Latest posts

Back