Kiwifruit wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaWa

Reaction score
Hi all,
My kiwifruit wine has been doing very nicely in a 23litre carboy. I racked it off the lees yesterday and topped up with water, replaced airlock. Before racking it was bubbling away nicely and I got an sg reading of 0.999. Today, no activity at all. Should I assume finished and degass now etc. or leave it alone for a few days before rushing things? It just seems a bit strange to me that it suddenly stopped straight after a racking. It was only the 2nd racking btw.

WaWa,

the lees is where a lot of the active yeast is.. so racking off the lees could mean you've tossed out most of the yeast.

It's at a good low FG now.. just check the FG now and in three days time.. if there is no change in the numbers.. start the stabilising and clearing process.

Allie

Thanks Allie
I'll leave a while longer then and check in a few days

Let me know how it comes out. About a month ago I bottled my Strawberry/Kiwi Wine. I made that from my steam juicer.

How did this wine turn out Wawa?

I'm anxious to taste the gold kiwifruit I started, I don't think I've ever tasted a particularly nice one yet.

I will say MY KIWI/STRAWBERRY came out great!

I started another but stronger on the KIWI and using Strawberry for a F-Pac

How did this wine turn out Wawa?

I'm anxious to taste the gold kiwifruit I started, I don't think I've ever tasted a particularly nice one yet.

Awesome!, the best yet. I am now on to my 2nd batch. I backsweetened the first batch because I felt it was a little dry but in hindsight it was a mistake because after a few months ageing it just tasted too sweet. The 2nd batch I have left dry and it's ready now and is just fabo!!!!! I would imagine the gold kiwifruit would be sweeter. I like the green coz they are quite acidic. Hey Crazy, don't forget you are welcome to come to our 'club' meetings and try it!!!

Latest posts

Back