Kegging wine? Anyone doing this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a kegging system, I'd do that with 50 - 75% of each batch of Island Mists wines that I make.

I am in the process of building a kegerator for my beer and had thought about trying it with a little wine just to see how it worked..... some disagree with wine on tap but I think it would be very convenient.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

It would be quite costly to setup if you had beer and non-sparkling wine since you would need two different tanks of gas, two regulators. I would think you would go through a lot of gas also since you have to depressurize the keg every time after you done using it.

I thought about setting up kegging for my beer but don't have the room and I like having 5 or 6 beers in the wine cellar to choose from. 5 -10 mins in the freezer to chill it down from 56 degrees to about 45 and you are ready to enjoy.

Yeah, I thought about the cost factor. It's not something I plan on doing overnight though.I am first going to try a small amount using the CO2 method to see if I even like having it on tap...and if I do, damn, one more project to add to my list.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back