Keeping Track of Barrels and Carboys - Google Sheet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love google sheets because they are accessible anywhere and anytime from a number of my devices, including my phone.

I was lacking an effective way to keep track of when I needed to do what with the barrels and carboys. Specifically, when I needed to top and check SO2 levels or rack. I created a tab for each varietal where I keep the details on everything that was done to the wine. I built logic where it will pull the latest activity on each varietal into a summary screen. In that summary screen it compares the next step activity with the current date and will show RED, if I am behind on anything. Ends up being pretty handy.

I also added the SO2 calculator and chart so it was right there when I needed it.

Pretty cool. I use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of what I measured and do to each wine based on Piambachi's log form. With 12 wines from last year, it is a bunch of tabs to keep track of when to do what. Looks like you have a good solution!

I love the summary sheet idea. I'll have to try that.

Did not know that. Thanks. '

I have an asus chrome bit but have not used it much yet. I have a small led tv that I did not think worked because I could not use it as a monitor. I hooked the two together and now I have an extra computer! Great

I have been wanting a computer to keep in my winery to keep tabs on my wine. Did not know if there was a spreadsheet I could use with the chromebit.

I now have a computer that I can use in my winery.

You da man Norcal!

Yep that's pretty slick NorCal. Google has all sorts of hidden gems.

NorCal, that's really nice. Any chance I can copy it somehow? Maybe you can create an empty copy and open it up read-only to the public?

Back