K-meta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danc

Reaction score
Is K-metabisulfites potassium metabisulfites, just guessing because K is the chemical symbol for potassium. Where as Na-Meta would make more sense since Na is the chemical symbol for Sodium. I have been using sodium metabisulfites for my sanitation and am just wondering if i'm using something different from everyone else.

Yep, you got it. NA meta is a little stronger and cheaper and better for sanitizing but is known to leave a salty taste in your wine sometimes hence why we usually use k meta in our win e.

Na- Meta is what I use. Just keep your nose out of it, smells nasty and last in your nostrils for days. Not that,, I ,, would know,, of coarse. Smelling that ,,,,would be,,, wrong.
It works fine,,, some people complain that Sodium is not as good as Potassium. Salt vs the Banana,

Na- Meta is what I use. Just keep your nose out of it, smells nasty and last in your nostrils for days. Not that,, I ,, would know,, of coarse. Smelling that ,,,,would be,,, wrong.
It works fine,,, some people complain that Sodium is not as good as Potassium. Salt vs the Banana,

You may want to try switching up to K-meta. I have been told that, In nature, Potassium exists in most fruits. Many think that this is much more beneficial to wine and actually adds to flavor and complexity.

Latest posts

Back