JW's Inspiration OCP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did. I was so excited when it first started fermenting, because it tasted and smelled amazing. By the time I racked to my secondary, it tasted pretty hot with no detectable flavors and smelled a little odd. I'm hoping it all mellows out by the end.

If the two of us had the same experience, I am sure all is fine. Once the fermentation ends and all of the yeast settles out, all should be well.

Today I racked the wine off of the gross lees and added my sulfite, sorbate and sugar. I seem to have the worst luck because this is now the third time that my drill battery has died while I am degassing :( ... Luckily I will be ageing this for a long time, so the c02 is not really a big worry. It is still cloudy, but I still braved a taste. The port had a strong nose of ripe banana and tasted like a mix of banana, peanut, and orange (most likely because of all of the yeast still in suspension). In a month I will rack it again and see how it has progressed.

I'm racking mine next weekend, so I'll update the post. I did sneak a taste this weekend and it was excellent. Very chocolatey and hot, but not too much of the orange came through, other than the nose.
I think it'll be amazing after several months of aging.

Latest posts

Back