Mosti Mondiale Just grab my Meglioli Rojo Grande!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_québec

Reaction score
Just got my Meglioli Rojo Grande !

Cant wait to fire this one up!

23L of pure marvel!

it will be my first 200$ kit
smiley17.gif
smiley3.gif

hope the motto

"You get what you paid for" stand with this kit!

i will get you more info as i proceed. i will try to put pictures

Cheers

Awesome!!! I still have not started my Meglioli Barolo yet but I do have some room and empty carboys.
smiley19.gif

All the feedback so far for these top ends kit is extremely positive and I only see really great top quality wines being made from them.

I bet it tastes better than a $6.66 bottle as thats what it works to. My bet is its more like a $25.00 to $ 30.00 bottle!
smiley32.gif

One of my customers took my Rojo Grande
smiley19.gif
before I could get it started, but I still have the Rojo Intenso
smiley1.gif
. I am really sorry now that I did not get all of them.

Now thats a buisnessman, giving the customer the upper hand on the kits before he even gets one!

If you are not going to start it Masta, send it to me and I will do it for you and it back, minus commission of course.

Grant

20070405_201347_ScanImage38.jpg

ok here's some pic of what was in the box

2 bags of heavy Toasted oak chip (90G + 30G)(dark brown bags (bottom left corner)

1 bag of med toast oak chip (looks like a 90G too but wasent written on the bag)

Little error on the raisin bag (it's written Oak 90G
smiley36.gif
)
The raisin bag is the big black bag top left corner

cork 30 nice cork using the "twin disk" technology (glued2 diskof natural cork with agglomerated cork in the middle

nice label

nice "shrink" for bottle top

and all the other usual stuff (bentonite, K-meta, Sorbate, Siligel and gelatin for clarification)

And the "recipe"
smiley2.gif

My S.G was 1.090 before the raisin addition. probably that it will rise with those raisin but i cant say at what level it should rise.

Hope this help fellow members to know what is in those Meglioli kits

Edited by: david_québec

Very nice David. I like the fact it comes with everything needed.

already bubling! woot woot!

the re-hydrate technique fires those kit up in less than 12Hrs

Way to go to avoid spoilage!

My water temperature for yeast re-hydratation was 34 C they recommend 40C but 34C for 10 minute it's enough!

the only 2 questions i have is :

how much the s.g will rise with the raisinadded in the must?
anyone know that answer?

David: are the medium oak chips an alternative to the heavy toasted ones? Surely they're not both used, are they?

Yes all of them must be used!

210G of oakiness
smiley20.gif

thay also added in the secondary not in primary to extract more due to the alcool presence.

David,

The mead making batch calculator I use states that raisins have a 19% sugar content so the 454g (1 lb) really don't add much to the SG...maybe 0.002. It is possible that these raisins have a higher sugar content but after tasting them they don't appear to be much sweeter than the regular ones you buy in the grocery store.Edited by: masta

Latest posts

Back