Just finished!! 126 bottle storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSF_Spirit

Junior
Reaction score
This was a fun project..

I found this bookshelf/cabinet in really bad shape on the street in my neighborhood with a FREE sign on it. It had a nice granite countertop but it also had no doors, no shelves (but it had shelf holes on the far left and right sides), and no backing at all. I added new panels to the sides of each section to cover the shelf holes, cut a new panel for the back, then sanded it down to the bare wood and stained/poly'd it with mohagany. Then I used three Oenophilia Alexander 60 bottle racks that I had to cut down, and grind the sides to fit in the sections. I'll be able to use the scraps from those to build a 4 1/2 case rack !! (Another project, yeah !!) I found these racks on Zappos for $47 each, regularly over $100 on other sites, but they are gone now, sorry. Then I added rope lighting to the top and 'wow' that really added to the look.

What do you all think? The entire project for under $200 !!!

2012-12-02_19-20-30_511.jpg

Dang what hood you hangin' out in that tosses granite countertops and the base........

Nice job on the redoo!

First off welcome to the forum! What kind of wine are you making? Now about the rack...want your money back? I'll take it! The rack is awesome, and a granite top to boot!

First off welcome to the forum! What kind of wine are you making? Now about the rack...want your money back? I'll take it! The rack is awesome, and a granite top to boot!

Thanks, I'm currently just learning about it, but hope to be in production early next year. It looks like a lot of fun.

Great looking rack. Like the lights, nice effect. Bakervinyard

Thanks, I thought about adding the lights literally seconds before I put the back on. It just hit me out of nowhere. This project kept changing every day since I first found the starter piece. I almost put some wine glass holders in the middle, but I like the result with wine only.

SSF Spirit, that is outstanding work. I like re-purposing materials but when I do it, I usually end up with comething that is clearly a re-do. Yours looks like it was made that way originally. :r

If that's just part of your preparations before getting into winemaking I'm predicting great wines will follow. Go So. City, I spent my first 10 years there, Mayfair Village, if it's still called that, and still have relatives with a house directly under the Industrial City Letters. Welcome
Mike

If that's just part of your preparations before getting into winemaking I'm predicting great wines will follow. Go So. City, I spent my first 10 years there, Mayfair Village, if it's still called that, and still have relatives with a house directly under the Industrial City Letters. Welcome
Mike

That's by Orange Park, right? I live up in Serra Highlands. I hope to be making wine by next Feb.

Back