Fermentation Closet Project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe not, but when I add a fan, a 100w bulb, and bump up the Ink Bird to 110 it would be a great jerky maker.

I was drying sausage...about 100# batch in the shop...real humid, nothing happening and more of the same weather coming. GREAT IDEA....I'll just hang it all up in the spare bedroom, set up some fans, it will perfect...and so I had ladders, sawhorses, ropes and such set up all over the place...meat hanging every where...nice air movement from three fans....the HVAC pulling the humidity down...man, that sausage was happy, happy, happy!

It was all good for about three days. Then SHE came back home. I was on the road, about 300 miles away, but on the way home. I bet she called every 8 miles...couldn't tell exactly what the problem was because she is hard to understand when she gets to screaming, sputtering, and popping like that...but I could tell she was pretty stressed.

We have a long driveway and she was standing up at the top of the hill waiting on me. Now, I could tell from the look on her face, it would be a real good idea to just keep driving. I was smart enough to realize that, just not smart enough to actually do it! That was my second mistake. From this point the story varies a great deal according to which one of us you ask.

But, did you know the hickory smoke smell can linger in a house for months? You know while most of us find it to be a very pleasant smell, redheaded women find it objectionable in the extreme.

There was a silver lining. She gave me a brand new nick name....Smokey. Works out real good too. Anytime she says "Hey Smokey, we gotta talk!"....I just keep on driving. Sometimes, it just don't matter to a woman how good the sausage is...she ain't havin' it.

Now that's funny, and I won't even comment on your last sentence as that seems like a personal problem :)

Latest posts

Back