WineXpert Just Doing My Part

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
I figured George didn't want to have to move all those heavy kits across town so....today ordered the Zin/Shiraz, looking forward to it, and remind all there are some pretty good deals going on now, we need to make his move as easy as possible!
smiley36.gif
Will maybe post more as the kit arrives and progresses into wine.

I did my part when I left Winestock. Brought home 2 kits and a couple cases of bottles as well as a case of one gallon carboys (4).

I see you posted this in the Wine Expert forum. I didn't bring any of those home this time. I stepped up because they are larger and heavierand brought home a couple of the Mosti All Juice kits. One was an All Juice Montepulciano and the other was an All Juice Masters Edition Carmenere Mondiale.

JW is right though. There are some fantastic values there right now. Take advantage of these priceswhile you can.

Smurfe it was impulse shopping, not in the budget as all I really needed were a few misc items, however I do have a couple or three all juice on my wish list should you feel inclined!
smiley32.gif
smiley36.gif

I, too, helped George and Mark out by releiving them of three kits (one IM, one 16L, and one 23L All Juice bucket), three cases of bottles, one 5 gallon carboy, and an assortment of other goodies. I'll be busy for a while.

What all juice did you get Peter? I've only done one, the chardasia, but was very impressed with the quality, definitely see more of them in the future.

I brought home 4 kits and 2 boxes of supplies. We all have to do our part to help George and Mark move!
smiley36.gif

I guess I helped
smiley24.gif
All I got was supplies, a couple cans of Black Currant and a new toy. I got the Buon Vino Automatic Auto Bottle Gravity Filler that I am anxious to try out

I wasnt even there and I took 2 kits off his hand as soon as they came in, they were the W.E. Ch. Rasp. Port kits that i pre-ordered awhile ago.

JW, I got the MM All Juice Chard (for buttery chard), George's last WE Selection LE from last season, the Grenache/Mourvedre, and an IM Green Apple Riesling. SWMBO really wanted that last one after tasting Stormbringer's at Winestock.

I thought that you were only going to buy all juice kits from now on. Are 2 of those kits for your daughter or was that L.E that good?

Peter, you lucky dog. I was in George's shop and wanted to get that LE kit a few weeks ago, but I thought I thought he had sold it. I suppose I did not look hard enough.

In general I will do 16L and 23L kits. I'm studying the assorted Limited Edition lists now to make selections. The 10L merlot I did first will probably be used for cooking and possibly topping up.

The IM kits will be used to keep my daughter and the entire staff of Court Reporters in Shelby County Criminal Court happy. They are all raving about it.

I think in the future, instead of doing the Wine in a Bag thing for my daughter (hard to store) I'll just buy her a VacuVin. That way SWMBO will have more bottles to corrupt her co-workers with.

<laughing> Yeah...I'm gonna have to learn to stay out of the shop...you drop by to pick up one thing (new WE Shiraz) and the next thing you know..it gets busy...folks are chatting...and "oh..ya know...I really should get one of these, and one of those and a couple of these...and ya know..I was thinking I could use some of this...just in case...."

Needless to say....I did my part in helping reduce inventory!

Everybody is doing their part. We are so overwhelmed with orders that we are 2-3 days behind and I have already moved 1 full day of orders into the back order stack to tackle once we get moved and the trucks start rolling in. You guys (and girls) really like my sales. I will have to take a picture of the empty store before we move. Trust me, it's not crowded anymore!

Thanks to all for helping us move by reducing the number of kits to move.

Well crack the whip and get ready George, my wish list is backing up too, thinking im going to have to clear it up soon!
smiley36.gif

20071009_154046_zin_Small.jpg

Don't ya just get all giddy when a new kit arrives!
smiley14.gif
Especially when its a day earlier than the expected delivery date! So, making this for my sweetheart, off we go!!
20071009_154327_zinjuice_Small.jpg

Juice looking and smelling really good here, got the bentonite in and filled up to the six gal, then a little oak..
20071009_154529_zinoak_Small.jpg

Stirred em up, checked temps an SG, ready to pitch some yeast! Premier Cuvee came with this one, think its the first time I've used it.
20071009_154808_zinyeast_Small.jpg

Always great to get a package from the Big D, pretty safe bet they will arrive safe and sound!

If it turns out as good as the one I made from juice I got from Elite Vintner's last year, it should be really good. I had it mixed 60% Zin and 40% Australian Shiraz. I used medium toast French Oak and it has lots of body and just the right amount of tannins and oakiness. Hope it is great!

This is a very popular kit. I expect to be very good. Thanks for the pictures.

20071012_172221_zinlow_Small.jpg

Three days into it and this has to be the lowest foaming ferment I have ever had! Sounds like snap crackle pop...but no foam!

Latest posts

Back