Just checking in to verify I am still alive

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't been around near as much as usual lately. I have been trying to heal a ruptured ear drum for the past couple weeks. Well, I just found out yesterday it was ruptured when I finally went to see a doctor. I had been treating it like swimmers ear for the past couple weeks with no success. Couple this with I actually am working a real job back in the real world.

I just hope it heals well as I was planning on snorkeling in the Caribbean this summer. Don't know if I will ever be able to do this again though as I popped it in only 9 feet of water. It has affected my equilibrium and really made it hard to work or even just sit at the computerand read forums.

That's a tough oneSmurfe. It really makes things difficult. I had a ruptured ear when I was about 18 and it was very painful and like you say, messes up the ole balance. Get well soon- we all miss you here.

Definately take your time with it, time will eventually get you back to normal butdont forget that it needs time, we all tend to rush things and its the wrong thing to do.

Yes we do miss you around here!!

Trig

smiley3.gif
I sound like my mother!!! jeeesh!!
smiley17.gif

That su^*'s smurf, Hope you feel better soon. Can you still make wine?
smiley4.gif

On the bright side, you can now drink wine through your ear as well as through your mouth.
smiley2.gif

As a fellow diver, I feel your pain. Just make sure it is completely healed (looked at by an ENT) before trying to dive again. You can cause serious damage and permenant hearing loss.

Good luck.

GrapeApe

Latest posts

Back