Just bottled Chilean Pinot Noir...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A job well done! Nice labels. I never add foils, but should, cause they really do make the bottle look a lot nicer. Shrinking the foils in boiling water doesn't work very well at the altitude of Colorado Springs; one would have to use a heat gun.

Very nice looking bottles. Did you make this from a kit, or juice? I'm interested in making a pinot noir. Any notes you made would be interesting to read.

It is a kit from Wine Expert, premium selection international series, I don't really have notes besides the dates for every step, I didn't do nothing special bt following the kit instructions.... I am not experienced enough to alter kits but this wine is pretty good the way it is...

Last edited:
A job well done! Nice labels. I never add foils, but should, cause they really do make the bottle look a lot nicer. Shrinking the foils in boiling water doesn't work very well at the altitude of Colorado Springs; one would have to use a heat gun.

Google says you are at 6,035 ft of altitude, same as mine, and shrinking capsules with hot water is not a problem here, I tried the heat gun from hobby lobby and it was a disaster I burnt everything, the only trick for the capsules is to do the whole process while the water is boiling in the stove, I notice if I take it out even if it is a high temperature leaves some ugly wrinkles in the capsules.

I have the crafter's heat gun from Michaels craft store and it works brilliantly. You have to move it around pretty quickly, but it also does a nice even job with no wrinkles.

Bernalillo EL is just over 5000ft. Water boils at a lower temp at elevation than at sea level which can and does cause problems with some shrink caps. I use a heat gun set on medium heat and it works perfectly. I used boiling water (once) and got a crinkled mess with shrink caps at my EL (6500ft). YMMV.

Looking for a decent pinot noir kit. Will have to check this one out. And the bottles and labels look great!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back