Juice loss on transfer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineDown

Junior
Reaction score
Getting ready to transfer my juice to carboys and/or demis. I have 4 six gallon buckets of juice. I have 2 six gallon carboys, 2 large demis I believe are 14 gallons each and 2 one gallon glass jugs. Based on loss while transferring, what should be my best chance to fit with minimal space?

if im reading this correct are you stating that you have 24 gal of juice? did you have it in a primary yet? are you just racking? what step are you on? a little more info would be helpful!

if it works out right not sure how juice buckets do but I'd say the least you'd get would be 20 gallons so figure a demi and a 6 then you got the 2 gallon ones if there is more?? sound about right to you guys?? Like I said I'm not used to doing store bought stuff only made what I pick.

Getting ready to transfer my juice to carboys and/or demis. I have 4 six gallon buckets of juice. I have 2 six gallon carboys, 2 large demis I believe are 14 gallons each and 2 one gallon glass jugs. Based on loss while transferring, what should be my best chance to fit with minimal space?

Easy.. Get MORE 6 gal carboys !... LOL

Why are you transferring now? Why not ferment in the buckets and then transfer to one demi, a carboy and the rest in the gallon jugs. If you can't fill a gallon jug use some wine bottles for the last little bit. You'll need to get some #2 bungs for them.

Juice has been in the primary buckets since I got it 12 days ago. SG is down to almost 1.015. Im following instructions that you should transfer to carboys/demis once SG reading get below 1.020.

I think Sirs nailed it. 1-14, 1-6. and most likely both 2 gallon jugs. You may need a magnum or even another 1 gallon jug if you do a very good job.

You shouldnt have too much loss on a fruit right? Hey sounds like you got plenty of starter for Skeeter Pee though!:db Make sure to save all lees!

Hi Tom:

Question from a newbe.... How do you add the "Fermenting" or What I'vDone" to a persons profile? Would like it to appear like yours only after clicking on it & it will come up on a new page. Just trying to set up my profile & not exactely sure how this works. Thanks for any assistance....\
Al

You got my back, I got yours and we all have each others! Now Dan get off my back!!!!!!!! :)

THAT will never happen...
Wade.. How heavy is he ?

Latest posts

Back