Juice from L'uva Bella

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up my first bucket today. I got a Sauv. Blanc... The O.G. Was 1.093....
2 questions

It might be to late but do you guys recommend using bentonite....

What is a good temp to ferment this at.... Their website says around 76, but I know a lot of guys prefer to do whites on the cooler side...

How have you guys liked this juice... I've done 2 higher end kits and was not really impressed with the sav blancs

Thx

I like the sav blancs, i ferment between 68 and 70 degrees and do not use bentonite.

Thx... How about for clearing... Did you use any agents, chitonsan or similar

I fermented mine in the low 70's. I do use bentonite, I stirred it in when I opened the bucket. I will use Super Kleer as a clearing agent. Good Luck!

Thx... How about for clearing... Did you use any agents, chitonsan or similar

No clearing agents, I rarely use clearing agents, if the wine isn't clear in six months, yes I will use superclear but it is rare that it is not clear in that timeframe.

Extra Juice Available

Here is a memo from Ruth at L'uva Bella:

We have approx. 300 buckets of wine making juice available.

California list

Alicante, Amarone, Barolo, Carignane, Chateau Neuf de Pape, Grenache, Lambrusco, Malvasia, Merlot, Montepulciano, Petit Syrah, Sangiovese, Valpolicella, Vieux Chateau du Roi, Zinfandel, White Zinfandel, Chablis, Chardonnay, French Colombard, Riesling, Liefraumilch, Malvaisa Bianca, Palomino, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc.

From Italy (Mosto Bello)

Amarone, Bardolino, Barolo, Brunello, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chianti, Lambrusco, Melavasia, Meritage, Merlot, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Sangiovese, Soave Classico, Verdicchio, and Vermentino.

Ruth
LBJ
330-536-6450

Flem, I assume the prices are the same on these buckets as they were a few months back, right?

Also, for those of you who have used both the Californian and the Italian juices, do you feel there is a discernable difference? When I picked up my wine in mid-September, it was already working. Do you think these left overs will be any good?

Hi Rocky! I really don't know about the prices. One would think that they would come down a little in price. I have both the California and Italian juices but they aren't far enough along for me to tell how good they are. I got a California Moscato, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc and an Italian Cabernet Sauvignon so I guess I really couldn't compare them anyway. Like you said, my Pinot Noir was already fermenting when I brought it home in September even though the temperature was 43 F. It couldn't have been working too hard as the SG was still 1.092 but the lid was buckled up. I think they should still be good even though they might be a little farther along. Probably a good investment especially if the price was right. Call Ruth and let us know what she says.

Flem, that is a good idea. I will see what I can find out and post some informatin so that everyone in the immediate area know the score. They keep everything refrigerated so they should be all right.

I talked to Ruth this morning and she confirmed that they have between 280 and 300 buckets left. She also gave me the following info:

1. The prices are the same as shown on their website. I asked if they would discount the wine in order to move it and she said that they would not. They make wine out of whatever is left over. Their prices are already better than any other I have seen.
2. They are now out of Merlot from California.
3. They got regular deliveries of the wine throughout September and October and the last delivery was on 10-20-11 so most of these buckets are fresh.
4. The buckets are kept in their freezer/refrigerator.
5. People can either call first if they want a particular variety or come in and "catch as catch can." L'Uva Bella can also recommend an alternative wine that is similar to one desired if that wine is out of stock.

So, unless you plan on waiting until March 2012 for the southern hemisphere juice, get on up to Lowellville! I wish I lived closer. I still might try but I will have to clear it with the "War Department" first. :)

So, unless you plan on waiting until March 2012 for the southern hemisphere juice, get on up to Lowellville! I wish I lived closer. I still might try but I will have to clear it with the "War Department" first. :)

Rocky, can you say ROAD TRIP!!!! I wonder how many other people would go in on gas (to make it worth while). I have a puck up we could load up. I think I just re-afirmed where my daughter's going to collage, KENT STATE!!!!:h

Last edited:
I don't think I'll be able to go untilled next Thursday. Thus weekend is way to busy. I could possably go tomorrow but then I have to drive down to Huntington tomorrow night for a collage visit. Ill let you know after I put in the requesition for funds. :h

I don't think I'll be able to go untilled next Thursday. Thus weekend is way to busy. I could possably go tomorrow but then I have to drive down to Huntington tomorrow night for a collage visit. Ill let you know after I put in the requesition for funds. :h

Never answer a forum with your phone, with auto spell, it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. :slp

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!! I need a vioce to text app for sure. Hey guys, is this juice Ragina, by chance? How's the Riesling?

It's not Regina, it packaged under their name. I picked up 2 reislings this year. Haven't really tired it yet since it's only 2 1/2 months young.

Latest posts

Back