Juice-Concetrate-Puree conversions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASR

Reaction score
Almost all the recipes I have are based on pounds of fruit per gallon. Is there a nifty chart that converts amounts needed of juice, or concetrate, or puree to pounds fruit? I have seen both for sale through websites, but have no clue how to adjust a recipe for them.

Most of the canned concentrated juices and puree's ive seen suggest the volume expected.
Post your intentions and folks who have tried the verieties you are considering will post their experiences with them and you can decide based on that.
When in doubt use more juice.
I dont recommend following most recipies to the letter. Only a guideline for additives types of yeast and fruit volume ect. Indicated time lines in particular are too unpredictable to try to follow exactly.

For concentrates made for wine Read directions carefully. Most will tell you directions for a "Full Bodied" Flavor - Normally that means that 128 oz container can be used to make a 3 gallon batch of Full Bodied wine or a 5 gallon batch of wine. ALWAYS go full bodied.

Also Know what you are getting - Is it 100% as Labeled (100% Blackberry Juice) OR is it labeled as Blackberry wine concentrate but the contents reads: Apple Juice, Grape Juice & Blackberry It makes a difference in taste

My standard for drink concentrates (Like you find in the frozen juice concentrates) goes like this. If it's supposed to be made with 4 cans of water, use 3 cans of water. OR a bottle of Concetrated Cherry Juice is supposed to make 1 gallon of juice, I use 4 bottles in a 3 gallon batch.

Bump the concentration UP never down.

Last edited:
Most of the canned concentrated juices and puree's ive seen suggest the volume expected.
Post your intentions and folks who have tried the verieties you are considering will post their experiences with them and you can decide based on that.
When in doubt use more juice.
I dont recommend following most recipies to the letter. Only a guideline for additives types of yeast and fruit volume ect. Indicated time lines in particular are too unpredictable to try to follow exactly.
Thanks!

For concentrates made for wine Read directions carefully. Most will tell you directions for a "Full Bodied" Flavor - Normally that means that 128 oz container can be used to make a 3 gallon batch of Full Bodied wine or a 5 gallon batch of wine. ALWAYS go full bodied.

Also Know what you are getting - Is it 100% as Labeled (100% Blackberry Juice) OR is it labeled as Blackberry wine concentrate but the contents reads: Apple Juice, Grape Juice & Blackberry It makes a difference in taste

My standard for drink concentrates (Like you find in the frozen juice concentrates) goes like this. If it's supposed to be made with 4 cans of water, use 3 cans of water. OR a bottle of Concetrated Cherry Juice is supposed to make 1 gallon of juice, I use 4 bottles in a 3 gallon batch.

Bump the concentration UP never down.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back