Joe's Ancient Orange and SpiceMead

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can, I did, I don't think that 2 -4 ounces of water to fill will make that much of a difference. The level I had in my jug was after topping off with water. I had more than enough for 5 bottles worth of 750's

Our five gallon batch of jao mead had been bulk ageing for a year and it's still not drinkable,we're thinking about adding some kind of orange liquore to improve the taste and sweeten it up a little,any body try anything like that with there mead.

I think you will still be good. I don't think you will water this one down easily.

Ok, I transferred the mead into my 2 gal primary bucket minus a spigot!

How do I bottle this??? hahahaha

I usually use my primary spigot to bottle with the 6 gal bucket.

Use your racking cane and tubing with the bottling wand. Start your siphon and away you go. If you don't have the bottling wand, then just crimp off your tubing when you get close to full. Move on to the next bottle.

You could also rack it into the bottling bucket at bottling time. This will get it off any lees and make it easier to bottle like normal. Just because somebody else doesn't like the bottling buckets doesn't mean they are all bad. If you haven't had problems with them before you probably won't.

Or what appleman said................
smiley20.gif

What is a bottling bucket?????
smiley36.gif

Are you talking about the 6 gal primary bucket with the spigot attached?

Ok, got them in the frosted little port bottles. I will download pics in a while.

It smells good!!! Looks really nice in the little bottles.

Thank you for everyone's help and input!!!

Lime Mead is on the menu soon!!!
smiley36.gif

I am now trying the last bottle that I bottled yesterday (this one had some sediment and was a little cloudy). I really like this one. I thought the cloves would be too strong. I will definitely make a larger batch in the future and will experiment with different citrus flavors. I was thinking about getting some lemons and limes and making two separate batches them blending them together at bottling time.

Appleman, lol, I thought it was a new wine toy I just HAVE to have!!
smiley36.gif

I have 2 primary buckets with spigots. One for vino and one for beer.

Got the mead bottles just fine.
smiley4.gif

Those frosted bottles are very nice. How did you like the taste?

Appleman, oh yea, maybe some will leak out of the bottle and I can lick the neck!!!! hahahaha

Do these get stored in a dark cool place on their sides like other wine? And how many months are we talking about?
smiley4.gif

Keep upright a couple days to let the corks conform well to the neck, then lay them down in the darkand forget them. The more time you give them, the better they will get. In reality, try to hold out a few months
smiley36.gif

appleman said:
Keep upright a couple days to let the corks conform well to the neck, then lay them down in the darkand forget them. The more time you give them, the better they will get. In reality, try to hold out a few months
smiley36.gif

I thought this was supposed to be a quick drinking mead........... I drank a bottle last night
smiley4.gif
It got drank quickly.

And it was darn good might I add

Back