Jack Kellers apple and cranberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tucson

Reaction score
Has anyone made this receipt? Only issue I have is it only makes one gallon.

Apple & Cranberry Wine

7-8 lbs sour or cooking apples
2 1/2 lbs cranberries
1 1/2 lb finely granulated sugar
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
1 crushed Campden tablet
1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
water to make 1 gallon
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 pkt Champagne wine yeast
Use only ripe fruit. Wash and core apples, then mince (or chop) both apples and cranberries. Add ascorbic acid immediately and toss to coat, then tie in nylon straining bag and place in primary. Add all remaining ingrdients except yeast. Stir well to dissolve sugar, then cover with sanitized cloth for 18-24 hours at room temperature. Add yeast. When fermentation is vigorous, ferment for about 9 days or until s.g. is 1.020. Press pulp and add juice to liquid, discarding pommace. Transfer to secondary and attach airlock. Rack after 30 days, top up and refit airlock. Therafter, rack every month until wine is clear, still and no new sediment forms. Add crushed Campden tablet and 1/4 teaspoon ascorbic acid at 2nd and 4th racking. Stabilize, sweeten to taste if desired, and set aside 3 weeks. Bottle and age 6 months before tasting. [Author's own recipe]

I think you meant Jack Keller, I have made several of his wines. Just multiply everything except the yeast times 5 if you want 5 gallons, etc. Some on here say his recipes are a little light on the fruit so I guess you could bump that up some.

Back