Its blueberry season in south jersey

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Other than pails of must from Gino pinto and variants of skeeter pee. I've only made gallon batches of fruit wine,it looks like ill be getting about 30 # of blueberries soon this is what iplan: 8# for blue skeeter pee, so i can enjoy soon,and the rest for wine. I'm picking up a large fermenting bucket w long potato masher. Not sure how much juice ill get or if ill need more berries(no problem) I'm thinking of straining juice then proceeding with adjusting SG adding campden and nutrients/ acid peptic enzyme waiting 24 hrs and pitching 71b 1122. I'm hoping to fill my 7 gal carboy and eventually fortifying a coupl gal later. Will my 20-30 gal trash can and potato masher work? How's the rest sound? I've learned lots reading this forum and am really excited about my bumper batch of fruit

petey said:
Other than pails of must from Gino pinto and variants of skeeter pee. I've only made gallon batches of fruit wine,it looks like ill be getting about 30 # of blueberries soon this is what iplan: 8# for blue skeeter pee, so i can enjoy soon,and the rest for wine. I'm picking up a large fermenting bucket w long potato masher. Not sure how much juice ill get or if ill need more berries(no problem) I'm thinking of straining juice then proceeding with adjusting SG adding campden and nutrients/ acid peptic enzyme waiting 24 hrs and pitching 71b 1122. I'm hoping to fill my 7 gal carboy and eventually fortifying a coupl gal later. Will my 20-30 gal trash can and potato masher work? How's the rest sound? I've learned lots reading this forum and am really excited about my bumper batch of fruit

Figure on 1 gallon of juice for 10# of fruit. Use a 6 gallon bucket, it will easily hold 20 lbs of berries. Also, to ferment on the skins, get a large straining bag, that way you can pull it out when you are done with your primary.

If you can borrow a crusher, do it. 30 lbs is a lot to crush with a potato masher.

novalou said:
Figure on 1 gallon of juice for 10# of fruit. Use a 6 gallon bucket, it will easily hold 20 lbs of berries. Also, to ferment on the skins, get a large straining bag, that way you can pull it out when you are done with your primary.

If you can borrow a crusher, do it. 30 lbs is a lot to crush with a potato masher.

Thanks for info. I had no idea my 6 gal buckets would be big enough. Ill look for a crusher too

Latest posts

Back