• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ISO Used Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojabri

Frequent Lurker
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do some cork crafts, particularly a kitchen mat. Unfortunately, the bulk of my corks (98%) are the LD Carlson corks from the LHBS.

I would love if I could get some of you wonderful folks to send some of your used ones my way. I would REALLLLLLLLY love to have a few WMT peeps to send some of their custom corks, because that would be DEAD COOL!

The project I want to do takes 242 corks (that's a lotta drinking!) and I think it'd be improved with a diversity of corks rather than just the same.

Thanks in advance.

Pic of the project below:

0ed888983ee08627c9e422bc3ca079b0.jpg

From http://stephanieteaches.blogspot.com/2014/03/wine-dont-whine.html

I'm not proud of what I'm about to show you. Well, I am, but it's also a little embarrassing. Last Friday night, instead of going out with friends or grading papers or doing something useful, I spent over 3 hours cutting corks in half and hot gluing them to shelf liner to create this kitchen mat. This particular mat is 11 corks (cut in half) by 22 corks (also cut in half.) I went for a basket-weave pattern and I'm very happy with it. So next time you have 242 corks and absolutely nothing to do, I'd encourage you to make a mat. Or pay me a great sum of money and I'll do it for you. Drumroll please...TA-DA!

mat.jpg

jo, can you PM an address to send corks to? I have a 5 gallon carboy that is half way filled with corks. I don't need the corks anymore, but I DO need the carboy....

well we know what you will be doing next wkend lol I would send you some but I never save my corks, but that looks like a good thing to have in front of the kitchen sink!

How to make a wine cork wreath :br

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKMQiHq72_Y[/ame]

I posted a thread on Cork Wreaths a couple of years ago. A friend of my MIL made a couple for us. They turned out very nice IMHO.

7151d1361139518-cork-wreath-img_1341_1.jpg

The original thread is located Here

Latest posts

Back