WineXpert Island mist wildberry shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patience, yes, I find it more necessary almost every time I open a bottle of wine under a year old. It is very hard to wait.

I'm going to have a problem storing my wine in a cool place, the temp is going to go up in the summer, to 70 anyway, is this going to be a problem? I can insulate to try to slow down temp fluctuations.

I would think that the worst dangers in storing wine no matter where it is stored, is the sudden change in temperature in both directions.

Do you have any provisions for storing presently at all? If not, as your great hobby grows, so will your worries about it all if you are not prepared now or soon! My first thought if you ever plan on building a cellar would be to presently to look around for an old frige and tweak the settings to maintain a good enviroment..then consider either diggin down and make a first class one, or build a "walk-in" which I have done with minimal expense and labor. (I have much info on thesubject if you need, and design templates for the racks.) My 2 cents on the subject, hope it helped.

Right now I have a bed with drawers and cabinets on the side, the space in the center underneath has a set of doors on the end, this area will hold 6 cases of wine at least and should be insulated from temp swings pretty good, getting down to possibly 50 in the winter at times, maybe up to 70 in the summer. I'll find some other spaces keeping in mind not wanting temp swings, I'm not ready to build a large space quite yet though.

Bed-side wine storage..now that is convenient!
smiley32.gif

Uh...my storage facility (house and closet) goes from 68*F in the winter to 74*F in the summer. I do not perceive an ill-affect on the wine.

My wildberry schiraz is still standing upright after more than a week, I have been busy, is this a problem??

I hear ya. Hopefully tomorrow I can get my Scuppernong wine bottled and post some pics of it.

smiley8.gif

Gee, Joe, don't jinx us! Hospital employees are notoriously superstitious.

smiley24.gif

Usually I do not worry about the next day coming. I just generally do a plan "of things to do" and at the end of the list I write....maybe

This way, someone will know that I had all "good intentions" of accomplishing something....

I feel positive...what I do not accomplish for myself sometimes is ok for me...and the reason being is that I focused on the immediate needs of someone else at the time. Then, ...I just add it to the list of.."things to do."

I put the heat shrink labels on my wildberry bottles today and laid them down, special note, don't put the capsules in the boiling water till it's boiling, they don't shrink for hot water...lol

Latest posts

Back