WineXpert Island Mist/Split F-Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've made both the Blueberry Pinot Noir and the Green Apple Riesling by using half the F-pack in the primary. We did not add any extra sugar. The flavor is good however, the results is a little 'thin'. Does that four pounds of sugar syrup help to give it more body? I was thinking perhaps using raisins. The Green Apple Riesling is really good.

Sugar will only give it more alc and not body. These are thin wines so bananas or raisins would help or even the grape concentrate.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">6377 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C6377_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Red Grape Concentrate - Gives wine more body, flavor, aroma; For RED wines, 1 liter

1 Liter</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$15.99</td>
<td width="2%">
</td></tr></t></table>
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">6376 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C6376_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

White Grape Concentrate - Gives wine more body, flavor, aroma; For WHITE wines, 1 liter

1 Liter</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$12.99</td>
<td width="2%">
</td></tr></t></table>

Thanks, Wade. So I'm on the right track with thinking raisins. I do have some red grape concentrate. We used it in our Blueberry Wine. Does that have a shelf life? We only made a gallon and only used a cup of the concentrate. Never used it before. Didn't know if we should refrigerate after opening.... Back to the Island Mist and the concentrate. Be it white or red, how much concentrate per gallon. While I'm asking the questions... how about the raisins. Is a pound too much? I'm thinking the light raisins... chopped.

I use the red grape concentrate in my fruit wines - it should be refridgerated after opening, it has no sorbate or preservative to prevent fermentation and in the past sometimes the RGC has had a bit of activity even in the unopened bottles - I think that's why they have now (oops, not "no") gone to liter sizes in bags/caps like the wine kits come in.

I'e kept partial bottles of the red grape and white grape concentrate in the fridge for 'indefinite' periods, and the only problem I had is that the sugar tends to crystalize. But then I just heat it up with the additional sugar I'm adding in water/syrup to decrystalize it.

Thanks Pelican, but ironically, that's exactly the way my RGC is packaged... in liter size, in a bag/with a cap like the wine kits come in.... not in a bottle.

Raisins will add a bit of there own flavor to the mix, not bad, but will change the wine...I'v added a lb of chopped raisins per gallon to a few wines....You will get a lot of sediment from too...Good Luck

LindseyGrapes said:
Thanks Pelican, but ironically, that's exactly the way my RGC is packaged... in liter size, in a bag/with a cap like the wine kits come in.... not in a bottle.

I goofed, mistyped - meant they have now gone to the bag format.

Since I replenished my RGC stock I've only used the full bag at a time, but instead of putting a 'bag' in the fridge with a less than secure seal (I mangle those caps getting them off), I'd probably put the left over into mason jars to store in the fridge for future use if I used a partial of the liter.

Has anyone tried “re-using” a grape skins pack from a high-end kit on an Island Mist Kit? What I mean is when your high-end kit is through with the grape skins you start an IM Kit and use the same grape skins again. I wonder if it would add some body to the IM kit?

Latest posts

Back