WineXpert Island Mist~Rush Job??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcoop

Reaction score
smiley19.gif
Ok, I know the answer will be no, but I thought I would ask! I just realized next month 3/18 is my wedding anv. I thought, how neat to have a personalized bottle of wine that I made for my anv. If I ran down to George's today and started a batch of Island Mist, is there any way I can speed up the process to get it bottled by the 18th to drink? I know bad planning, don't rush the wine, etc. But I thought maybe, just maybe??? Tks~D

Sorry to say no....If everything went perfectly it would take a minimum of 30 days and I would not push it even that fast.
smiley19.gif

I know, poor planning on my part, doesn't mean it's an emergency for the wine. Oh well, I'll just go buy some........................
smiley13.gif

dj, what you could do is buy a bottle of yourhusband's favorite wine, scrape the label off and put your own on it. As a surprise gift, you could buy the wine kit and give that to him as a present.............. Maybe get him a little involved in your hobby.....
smiley2.gif
Edited by: jobe05

DJCoop, with the Island Mist kits I've made I usually pour a glass and drink as I'm bottling. I think if you timed it perfect and cut a day out on clearing you might have a bottle by that time. My suggestion (since I hate to be told no, which makes me a GREAT wine maker (not really):

Go get the kit started ASAP. Let it ferment like normal. Go buy the Buon Mini Jet. Let it take 20 days as normal. Rack the last time and run it through a filter. bottle in a day. Try to let it sit for a few days in the bottle after filtering.

They are so sweet, I bet it turns out ok...maybe. Worth a try?

I would never do that with any other wine.

I like the idea of buying a bottle and relabeling with one of your own. Make it a promise that NEXT year you can celebrate with wine that you made. If I did that then I know Poor Bert would stick around for at least another year just to get the bottle of wine!
smiley17.gif

Postpone your annivesary. Or at least the celebration of your anniversary. Or make a promise to go on a romantic picnic with a homemade wine at a later date.

Happy Anniversary,

What did you end updoing for the wine? We all want to know!

I just got done adding the f-pack to the Wildberry Shiraz I started. Interesting flavors already. Hope your Island Mist and Anniversary turn out spectacular!

Well........... my friend Waldo, mailed me an amazing bottle of his famous peach wine. He did a beautiful custom label for us. We went to Jefferson, Tx (bed and breakfast capital of east tx) and dealt with the rain
smiley19.gif
, but we drank that wine!!

2006-03-19_141453_peach_wine.JPG

Latest posts

Back