RJ Spagnols Island Mist Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry41h

Junior
Reaction score
Despite these Orchard Breezin kits not really being the style of wine that I like to drink, I can't help but notice that people love these things. I made the Strawberry Riesling kit list summer and everybody loves it. My in laws want to buy a couple of kits and have me make them so I said what the heck. Of course, I like to get the primary fermentation raging and on the second day, add the entire F Pack to dry the wine out and add a bit more alcohol.

My question is this: they want a red, a white, and a Rose. Has any body ever made the following kits and what do you think of them?

Peach Chardonnay
Blueberry Shiraz
Watermelon White Zinfandel

Thank you so much.

I think they are all good. They are a bit sweet so I would add half the fpack upfront and the other half at the end. The watermelon and peach are ligght fruits so I would not try to up the alcohol too much on those.

how do the amazon cornucopia kits compare to them? the cornucopia kits are about $20 cheaper each

I am making the tropical fruit reisling right now by cornicopia from amazon. So far itsnturning out quite nice...clearing for a few more days. It is a cheap kit but when you are adding all that extra flavoring its doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

I've made the Orchard Breezin Peach Chardonnay and it is very sweet. I have been told the Mosti Mondiale Summer Breeze kits are not as sweet. I added 4lbs of sugar to the primary and my ABV ended up at a little over 12%. If I made this kit again I would also add 1/2 the F-pack to the primary.

Maybe one should measure the F-pack and add a little at a time to taste. Maybe a 1/4 at a time?:dg

I recently made the Orchard Breezin Peach Chardonnay but because everyone warned about the sweetness, I only saved 2 cups of the f-pack for sweetening and put the rest in primary (about 3 lbs worth). I also added 4 cans of Welch's white concentrate to the primary and came out with a really nice, peachy white wine. I have it in bottles after just 2 weeks but after another month the tartness has subsided and it's truly an interesting addition to my cellar (of which is mostly top end kits).

Latest posts

Back