International Cold Climate Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer

Reaction score
The Minnesota Grape Growers Assn. are sponsoring the first of it's kind. A professional international wine competition for cold hardy grapes.

Check it out!

http://www.iccwc.org

That is a sore subject with me farmer. On her visit to my vineyard, Anna Katharine Mansfield along with Chris Gerling of Cornell said they "Highly Recommended" I enter the competition after trying some of the wines I had made from the cold hardy grapes. Remember she was the enologist at U Minn until Cornell hired her for their program. Upon checking the rules, you need to be strictly commercial and the wine needs to come from a lot of at least 50 cases and the labels have to be federally approved- just to enter. Needless to say I don't qualify, even though two of the premier cold hardy grape winemakers in the country thought my wine was worthy of entering.

So you will please forgive me if I am less than entusiastic about that competition.........
smiley18.gif

I am sorry to hear that, I did not read the fine print.
Why would they make it so difficult to get more wine makers in to the competition?

You will run across lots of competitions that are for commercial producers only just as you will see the amateur only comps. I wouldn't get sore since you can't enter this one. The great feedback from an establishes expert would of been good enough for me. I would rather have that known experts feedback and praise that an unknown judges feedback. Just because you are a judge doesn't really mean you know anything. I have seen some really stupid judging recently.

On her visit to my vineyard, Anna Katharine Mansfield along with Chris Gerling of Cornell said they "Highly Recommended"

THIS sure sounds like a 'DOUBLE GOLD to me'!!

Congratulations, Rich

(psssst: Now if George would only agree!!)

rrawhide

Latest posts

Back