Indiana State Fair Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some great pictures of the judging on Indy International Wine Competitions Facebook page. It's amazing what they can accomplish in just 3 days!

I was privileged to student judge at this competition yesterday afternoon in the amateur flight for my AWS training. Ended up evaluating around 80 wines by the time I was done. I was extremely impressed with the breadth and quality of the wines I tasted. We noted around 3 with flaws. Everything else was good, and several were great. I got plenty of ideas for how to improve my home winemaking, and learned a lot. Still thinking about several of the wines I tasted!

I was also extremely impressed with how well the competition was ran. Amazing they were able to put all that together so efficiently.

To those who entered, I hope you did well.

Wow, that must have been an experience to witness as well as be a part of.

My wife and I did very well this year. I entered 12 wines and recieved 2 double gold, 1 gold, 4 silver and 4 bronze. 11 out of 12 wasn't bad! I was really excited about my Honey Mead that got a double gold as well as my Sparkling Honey Mead which got a gold, this was my first attempt at either one of these.

My wife entered 6 of her wines and she got 6 out of 6!! She got 3 double gold, 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze, I am so proud of her!!

By far this is my favorite competition, I can't wait for my judging notes to come back, maybe I'll see your initials on some!!

Dave

My batonnage Chardonnay got a silver and my Soave classico got bronze so 2 for 2 wasn't too bad for my 1st time. :try

Congrats Shoebiedoo
I entered one (MMM Amarone 2010) and just saw I won a Silver in Red Vinifera Blend category.

Way to go guys, two more perfect scores!!
If I remember right they ship the medals and judging notes out this week once they are all sorted. Time will tell ;-)

You will not see my judging sheets, as since I am only a student judge, my scores did not count in the official judging. My scores were looked at to ensure they were in line with the other judges, but will not be given to the entrants. It was great though! Like I said, I got ideas for things to try myself! Hopefully will be back next year for more student judging, and may even enter some of my own.

I can't seem to find the winner listings for the Indy International competition again. Found it once last week and saw I won a metal but can't seem to find the 2012 winners now. Can anyone post the right link to 2012 winners?

Latest posts

Back