Other In Search of Pouilly Fuisse Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctandcf1

Junior
Reaction score
My wife loves Pouilly Fuisse. I know in wine kits it's known as Ruisseau Blanc. I haven't seen it in a kit. Does anyone know if it's available and by which maker?

Thanks
Chris

Well, why not just try to find a different Chardonnay in the Pouilly Fuisse style? This style is variously described as "full bodied," "fat," "sumptuous." Many undergo MLF (which you cannot do with a kit), and have moderate oaking.
I think you should try the WE Aussie Chard, and just hold off a bit on the oaking.

I don't know of a specific kit either. But I agree with Sour_Grapes. You might try a cooler climate Chardonnay kit (I think WE has a French kit and a Chilean kit). Also, you can try lees aging/battonage which should increase body and fatten it up a bit.

I know Ruisseau Blanc was the name of an old Winexpert kit that was discontinued some years ago. You're not going to find a kit specifically sourced from the Pouilly Fuisse AOC or probably the rest of Burgundy, I'm afraid. There are plenty of different styles of Chardonnay available, though. As the others have suggested, you pretty much will need to find a kit that matches the style as much as possible, and you can always do things like sur lie aging to bring it closer.

You didn't say if you were looking for a low, medium or super premium type of kit. Almost all of the high end Chardonnay kits are using juice from Australia, WA State, CA.

I am seeing one that "might" be made with juice from France. It is however a lower tier kit but it sounded promising as far as getting juice at least from the region you wanted. One caveat is they are using the word "style" which usually means the juice comes (possibly) from another area, but the wine should taste….sorta similar….

Chardonnay Style Grand Cru

Back