In Process: Pineapple Wine, 3 Gallons

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetpilot007

Reaction score
Purchased 3 gallons of fresh Pineapple juice. Added the necessary sugar to bring the SG to 1.09. Also added my SO2 and Pectic powder. Added Lavlin yeast as well. Fermentation began the next day. On day 3 the SG measured 1.05. Primary fermentation should be ready by Sunday or Monday. I am stirring the mixture 2x daily. I did sample the mixture today and it had a rather pleasant sparkling taste with no foul odors.

Once primary fermentation is complete I will then transfer to glass carboy with airlock.

So far so good! And I am rather excited about the finished product.

Sounds like you have a great start, just don't be in too big a hurry to bottle it after you get it into a carboy.

What's the recommended time frame before bottling?

At first I thought about using fresh pineapples (cut/crushed) to begin my brew. But then I thought, why not use freshly squeezed pineapple juice for the first run?

Everyone has their own opinion but here goes. When you get it into a carboy you will probably need to rack again in about 30 days to get it off the sediment. From there I would rack and add sulfite every 3 months for a minimum of 6 months, would probably be better to leave in the carboy for 1 year.

Be sure to add sulfite now when you rack to carboy if you have not already. I back sweetened mine some, to me the pineapple flavor just does not come through if left dry. Add sorbate if you sweeten.

Latest posts

Back