In need for recipes for Chilean Carmenere, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gael

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On Saturday I will go get a pail of Carmenere, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc each. This is my first time making wine from juice, all my previous wines were from kits. I researched quite a bit but could use some tips around the exact process that you would use to see how far I am off.
I am planning on MLF for the Chardonnay and the Carmenere. I might oak the Carmenere but not the whites.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.

Thanks
Gael

I will be picking up 2 pails of Carmenere - I will knock out any yeast by adding sulfite -
then I will adding - lalvin BM 4x4
using go ferm and fermaid F
add oak - latter in the process

Last years turned out great !!

I'm on board for 4 reds come Saturday. All to be pitched with Lalvin RC 212. I usually add two generous TBS of oak powder tannins and any frozen f packs I may have around. I'll move from open fermentation to a carboy somewhere near SG 1.010. Otherwise the juice buckets tend to take care of themselves

I'm on board for 4 reds come Saturday. All to be pitched with Lalvin RC 212. I usually add two generous TBS of oak powder tannins and any frozen f packs I may have around. I'll move from open fermentation to a carboy somewhere near SG 1.010. Otherwise the juice buckets tend to take care of themselves
Do you add any nutrients before you use the RC212? That's what I plan to use as well.

Latest posts

Back