I'm Frustrated!! Oak for Barola

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Kid

Reaction score
OK, so will someone tell me, is the MM Alljuice kit for italian barola supposed to contain oak? I did a MM Vinafera kit earlier this summer and it HAD oak chips. I have started an alljuice kit, it is ready to rack to glass and guess what, no oak chips in the kit. What to do! I do have a Cabernet kit from MM that I have not started yet. It has 30grams of oak. Should I use that and ask George to send me so more before I start the Cabernet kit? Or does the Alljuice kit simply not use oak? Did the packing company goof again? THis is getting rather bothersome. This will make the fourth kit in 3 months that has arrived with something missing. I'm frustrated!!
smiley7.gif

According to Mosti's website, the MMAJ Barolo should contain dark oak.

I would just rack the wine as usual, let George know what you're missing, and then add the oak when you receive it.

I know that doesn't solve the bigger issue of missing components. What I've been doing is buying different yeasts and oaks and now I always seem to have stuff on hand when I need it.

I'm confident that your Barolo will be fantastic.

Give George a call and he'll take care of everything and you can easily add the oak later. I always double check each kit when it arrives just to make sure and I also keep extra yeast on hand just in case I get a bad pack.
Now take a deep breath, call George and have a glass oh homemade wine.
VC

Latest posts

Back