WineXpert Ice Wine and another question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenore

Reaction score
Do you have to bottle ice wine in 375ml bottles or can you use regular bottles?

Also how long do you guys keep your wine for? Do you add even more sulfite then the extra recommended to store your wine more than 3 years?

Lenore-

I am sure you could bottle the ice wine in a 750ml bottle. Ice wine is more costly and way more sweet. A little goes a long way, and I believe that that is the thought process behind a smaller bottle.

I'm only on my 4th kit, so I haven't stored any wine . I believe the instructions that George includes w/ the starter kit states that if you are going to store your wine longer than 6 months, add 1/4 tsp of k-meta before bottling. I am sure that someone will chime in. But when I bottled my chianti, I knew I wanted to store some longer, so I added it.

Most of the time it is bottled in 375's as it is so sweet that 2 people would not normally drink a 750 in one evening.

Hmmm.... a 750 between two in an evening? I bet my wife would like to try!
smiley36.gif

She gets a glassy look in her eye when I bring home the occasional bottle of ice wine. It's a treat since it's so expensive here in the states. It's the first thing she asked me about when I started pulling the equipment out the other day.

Can you buy the smaller bottles for making ice wine? Also, I'm thinking I remember ice wine kits only come in smaller batches as well? I guess that means a new carboy as well...Edited by: sangwitch

I just happen to have the 375 ml bottles and 3 gallon carboys. The Ice Wine, Port, Sherry and Champagne wine kits are 3-gallon kits.

How many bottles does the 3 gallon kit make? My quick calculation says 36... is that correct?

I started an order, but cancelled. I didn't see any way to save my shopping cart. Is there a way to save your shopping cart if you're not ready to check out? Or should I have used the wish list?
I'm getting back into this after a couple years off and I need to check all my equipment tomorrowso Ican order everything I need at once.

The 3 gallon kit makes 30 of the 375 ml bottles (there are 3.74 liters to the gallon).

I send you a follow up email, but basically orders remain in a pending state until you place them or you cancel them. I also have a wish list feature so you can add and remove items from that list as you choose.

I do "cull" old orders about every 6 months and if they don't have any information but an email address, I cancel them myself.

ice wine?
smiley3.gif

So I won't have to wait for friends who work for beverage distributors to give me some? This could be fun...............

Latest posts

Back