I think it's time to bottle :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoffart

Rick
Reaction score
Well three years in the carboys is way too long but the wine is outstanding in every way. The two Cabs (B9 & B10) are smooth but strong. The Merlot (B8) on the other hand is nothing short of spectacular. The aroma is great with a solid Merlot smell, the taste is smooth and rich and the “bam” a surprise, excellent spice that has you immediately has you wanting you to go back for more.

A special thanks to Mike for hand holding me through my first batch of wine from grapes.

img_3052.jpg

img_3053.jpg

img_3054.jpg

You think it might be time to bottle huh? :)

Mine were blended and bottled a year ago and are now hitting the beginning of prime drinking. I still have 80% of what I started out with so plenty of time to improve with a little more bottle age. My pH's were more like 3.6 to 3.8 on a couple. Tough growing season. Glad they turned out ok. :br

You think it might be time to bottle huh? :)

Mine were blended and bottled a year ago and are now hitting the beginning of prime drinking. I still have 80% of what I started out with so plenty of time to improve with a little more bottle age. My pH's were more like 3.6 to 3.8 on a couple. Tough growing season. Glad they turned out ok. :br

Let me know next time your coming to SA ... a few bottles will have your name on them. :dg

I'm booked already for the end of October. Hopefully it will cool off by then in SA. I will bring a few bottles to swap from the same vintage/source so you can see what blending brings to the table.

Sounds great ... I really thought about blending until I tasted that Merlot. Not to brag too much but it's the best Merlot I have had. There is no way I'm jacking with it.

Sounds like you better start some more ASAP. Kits just won't/don't cut it after this. You missed out 2012 and 2013 Crush!

Yup, no more kits for me. There is some Texas grapes for sale on CL but I think I'm going to wait till next fall. Now that George got out of it I need to find the next closest supplier.

My wife signed us up for the Kendall Jackson wine club. This will help keep us stocked.

George had fresh grapes this year, and last year and the year before that!

Oh damn ... I never looked. He said at 5 am when we were de-steming "This is the last year I'll do fresh grapes"

Have you been buying from him? How were they?

He was tired like all of us that day but has continued to do it each year including this year. I lucked out and found a great source that I have gotten grapes from out of the Lodi AVA since 2012. Much better prices since I don't pay for any middle man only a straight price for the grapes plus a fixed cost per pound delivered to Denver. I will be headed up there tomorrow morning to pick up my load on Saturday.

I hope you start a new thread with lots of pictures.

I wonder if Georges have been delivered.

When we were out there (Napa) last week they were picking in the lower valleys. The higher elevation still had lower brix. It looked like they may have received some rain today and yesterday. I hope they got them off the vine in time.

That was the Summer from HELL…… :)

Nonstop cleanup, remodeling, painting, yardwork…… Then with a week to go SWMBO decides we need new carpeting so lets move all the furniture outside for a day or so then move it all back…..

It poured a half inch the day the crew came to setup the Marquee. It spit rain just before the ceremony but quickly quit…..:(

But in the end it was a beautiful evening. At least we didn't have to worry about the food! It was catered. :hug

Back