I think I need to wait...just a little longer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
So, I have had a white wine in carboys now for about a month. I had gone through all the degassing and clarification steps. The last was to add chitosan and wait 8 days. The wine was absolutely brilliantly crystal clear and I could read the instructions through the wine....until....I racked it again last night. In a careless moment, I disturbed some of the sediment on the bottom and the wine became just a little cloudy. I went ahead and racked it and I assume it will clear again. I'm planning to age it another 2-3 mos before bottling. Tonight after 24hrs, it does not really appear to be much clearer. I have some k-meta arriving on Thursday since I plan to bulk age it. Should I add any clarifying agents or just let it sit? The little nut between my ears is saying add the k-meta and leave it alone. Then be more careful if I rack it again.

Yes, patience. I've done the same thing and it will clear with time. Keep on top of the SO2, keep it topped in a dark place and just leave it alone.

Latest posts

Back