I have bud break

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here in MD. Thursday of last week I found some flea beetles making babies on my vines and I remember this happening last year just before the buds started to activate. As I kicked off my first application of stylet oil Saturday morning I noticed green emerging. Very excited!!!:db:tz:r

If I had budbreak this early I would be freaking out with worry. No way in he double hockey sticks would we make it until the end of may with no freeze.

If I had budbreak this early I would be freaking out with worry. No way in he double hockey sticks would we make it until the end of may with no freeze.

Where's your location in relationship with Utica/Rome? Thats where my Chief of SStaff is from, and I know its much colder than where I am.

I feel your concern Rich, I am still pruning and it is like a waterfall out there. This has me more than a little nervous. The soft maples will probably pop this week and I have leaves on my lilacs already. I remember more than one snowstorm before the middle of April.

It appears I am going to have a bumper crop of muscadines this year. All of my vines are loaded down like I have never seen before.

Back