WineXpert I’ve just ordered my first kit.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
Hey all

I just ordered the Deluxe Starter kit along with the Vitners Reserve Beaujolais. Pretty easy process, almost too easy, I see a lot of ordering in my future.

As a side, I went to a local home brew shop today and was completely blown away by the prices. They seemed to try and model their starter kits after the ones sold here but they were quite a bit more expensive. Plus the folks there knew nothing about wine making, much like myself.

Thanks, and I'll send some pictures in the coming weeks.

earl

Go Earl, Go!!
smiley32.gif
Welcome to the wonder world of wine making. Soon you will be addicted to the bubbles in the air lock. Good luck.

Earl:

Congadualation on taking your first steps toward something you will enjoy for years to come.

And welcome to the board. You won't find much more nicer and knowledgable people anywhere on the net.

Beaujolais - Good choice Earl! Something you can begin drinking fairly early
while you follow up with several longer aging, more expensive kits. Sounds
like you did your homework.

Bill

Best of luck to you, I have only been doing this for a short period of time and love it... I am starting to run out of room to hold everything...

Welcome Earl to the forum and the great hobby of wine making! Look forward to seeing pictures of your progress.

Welcome Earl to the best Winemaking forum on the internet Edited by: Waldo

Welcome Earl. You were wise to take the plunge and get the deluxe starter kit. I have the same and I use everything in it. The floor corker and the bottle sanitizer are the two most valuable items to me.

You are correct about the prices in local home brew shops. I have found most cater to beer and not wine. Plus as you stated, the prices are really high. I fortunately don't have any around me so I know where to get my stuff from.

Also as the othersstate, good call on the VR kit that is faster to drinking than others. They are really under rated in my opinion. I just bottled a batch of VR Bourgeron Rouge 3 days ago and it is already fit to drink. I have finished one bottle already and am quite pleased with it. It will only be better in a few months.

Welcome to the forums and hopefully you will have as an enjoyable and educational experience as I have thus far.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Hey, hey, heyEarl!

Welcome to the forum! I know just about nothing about kit-wine making, but these guys do, and you're in great hands.
smiley1.gif
Sometimes I poke my head into this part of the forum and give my 2 cents worth, but these guys are the experts!
smiley2.gif

George has great prices, great service and this great forum. That's all you need. With home-brew shops and such: All I can say, they're great when your arsenal has gotten way too low and you're sitting with 30 filled bottles of wine and realize you only have 15 corks left.

smiley36.gif
Yep, I speak out of experience.
smiley9.gif

Welcome to the forum, and to the absolutely wonderful world of home-winemaking. We are usually a happy, jolly, drunk sort of bunch.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Martina

P.S. Don't forget to post your mugshot in the photo-section!

Latest posts

Back