Humidor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
I made a present for Bert today. For free. The price was right. I made him a cork humidor. The main vessel is a plastic container that held potato salad from the grocery deli. The middle container that holds the sanitizer containerhad jelly or something like that in it. The small jar that holds the sanitizer had celery salt in it. I put a hole in the spice lid, placed that container into the jar in case of spillage, and in go the corks. Reduce, reuse, recycle.
20080427_104927_Humidor_002.jpg

It's not exactly pretty, but it does the job.

Does it stink up the whole room when you open it? I dont really know how much is too much or too little. I use a gallon jug inside a 6 gallon bucket and I have to open it outside or it will stink up the whole room!

I don't know yet. I just made it this morning and since we're bottling today we really haven't had it closed long enough for it to build up any power.

I dont know if they are truly sanitized as the sanitizer wont penetrate the whole cork keeps them soft.ust like you cannot truly sanitize a pce. of wood but it is way better then just grabbing them out of a bag and it also

Latest posts

Back