How would you build a wine-making room?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SB Ranch

Reaction score
The purpose for this post is to ask you for plan ideas fora new wine workshop. I have ideas but I'm relatively new to the sport and would like other opinions.

I am asking for your design ideas for a room of this size.

Room specs:

1. <LI>13' x 12'6"
    <LI>Hot &amp; cold water
    <LI>Drainage
    <LI>Lighting &amp; electrical</LI>

If you had this room for wine-making how would you design it?
If you make a drawing you can post or fax it to 214-256-9999

Note: Most of you have seen my other post of my current room so you have an idea of the equipment I have.Edited by: SBRanch

So is this a new additional room to what you have or is it a replacement(getting kicked out of that one)?If additional room, what are your intentions for it?

Yes, it was suggested that I give the laundry room back. We have 5 bedroom for two people so we have room overkill. That's what occurs when all the kids finally move out.

The room I'm moving to is in the center of the house and will have not traffic. Best of all no one can get to it very easily.

It will be used to make wine. Storage of bottled wine willbe elsewhere in the house.Edited by: SBRanch

Do you strictly make kits and small batches of country wines, or do you intend to press grapes also? I know, questions, questions, but it will make it easier for folks to get a feel for what you need in the new room. That was such a nice room you had set up, it's a shame you need to relocate.

Strictly make kits and small batches of country wines. I may get into grape pressing much later or when the equipment is attainable at a price of my liking.

I am constantly making changes with the house. This will make her happy and give me more room. A great advantage is it will be across the hall from my office.Edited by: SBRanch

Don't forget Climate (temperature and humidity) Control. If I were building a dedicated wine making roomI wouldwant to allow for consistent fermentations. I wouldn't rely strictly on the house HVAC system.

Latest posts

Back