How to make Pineapple Wine - Christmas recipe Xmas special (YOU TUBE)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAgreeneyes

Reaction score
I tried this recipe and this wine was DELICIOUS!!!! And Potent!!! :')

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNK6NQMhmIM[/ame]

Did you do it the way they did? I'm definitely intrigued!

Yes. I did it exactly the way they did it. It came out perfect for my taste.

OMG, seriously?????? There are so many holes in this method I am lost on where to start! There is no way that sugar was dissolved with the amount of stirring they did. And they put it in an airtight container and the lid did not blow off????? Unbelievable. And no hydrometer readings, no sulfites, no nutrients or acid and pineapple needs these for a good ferment.

Try reading newsprint through THAT bottle LOL!

I'd bet the lid did blow off Julie, and they just kept popping it back on.

Julie, I knew that this was scam right from the start. I am so brand new to wine making, so I was clueless. I thought the same as you as far as the lid blowing but it never did. I placed it in the back room for this reason. I cannot explain how this proces worked but it did. I love it! I will be doing another batch. I have several requests to make it for my co-workers. This wine was delicious!

It's not a scam, just not an example of good winemaking practices. Your wine might be good one batch, bad the next and in between the batch after that and you'd never know why. Good winemaking is when you can make your good wine year after year without extremely noticeable differences from batch to batch.

Sorry, don't believe it. Like dessertmaker said no way that was clear! And there is no way that lid did not blow off, if it did not then the ABV was extremely low and it would have been more like koolaid.

We have a great tutorial section, you need to go read that.

The wine was not clear but that didn't bother me. The ABV was 7% and that was strong. After a cup of it, I was feeling nice! It was far from the taste of kool aid.

I will try it again using the same method to compare.

I'm sure it fermented and I'd believe it hit in the 7% mark. I've shortened ferment times on purpose before to get my wines around that ABV because its easy drinking, my wife describes it as "gulpable instead of sippable." And I don't doubt that it was good THIS time. But I'll bet if you did it with proper nutrients and winemaking practices and gave it time to clear it'd be even better. And it'd be reproducible.

Last edited:
Like dessertmaker said, using proper procedures will give you a better wine. ABV of 7% is not potent, actually you could not age that, it would need an early drinker. I don't mean to critique but I am at a lost on why you keep wanting to do these off the wall methods and or wines. If you have not read our tutorials again I encourage you to do so.

Julie said:
Like dessertmaker said, using proper procedures will give you a better wine. ABV of 7% is not potent, actually you could not age that, it would need an early drinker. I don't mean to critique but I am at a lost on why you keep wanting to do these off the wall methods and or wines. If you have not read our tutorials again I encourage you to do so.

Oh I wasn't saying to age the original
recipe. I was saying if you made it properly AND aged it properly it would be even better. That stuff in the original recipe would probably be pretty foul after a month or two.

Oh I wasn't saying to age the original
recipe. I was saying if you made it properly AND aged it properly it would be even better. That stuff in the original recipe would probably be pretty foul after a month or two.

Sorry, yes I knew what you were saying.

Far be it for me to say anything about this thread....Butttttttttt.
I am not sure what you call this but I do not think it is wine as what we are all striving for...
You can take any juice/fruit, give it sugar,let it sit for a week, strain and drink....I am not sure that is wine, but a glorified hooch...
I am a recent wine maker, and that is exactly what I was trying to get away from, a turn your head 2 week wine that is overly sweet, and enough sediment to have to drink through a filter..
There is plenty of help here to make your wine a better wine.....
Hope I am not out of line here...

OK, so I was curious... a pineapple cost me $4 and some sugar and yeast that I've already got... following their recipe, I got a starting SG of 1.115. I'm curious to see if I can ferment this to a high enough alcohol content that will allow for aging and clearing later. The only yeast I had was the RC212, that I learned here is a slow fermenter, so I'm expecting it to be in the bucket awhile. I'm thinking to pull the fruit out when the SG drops, then strain it through a flour sack and let it sit a bit longer before racking to secondary so it's got a better chance of clearing later on. What I'm ultimately looking to learn how to do is make reasonably decent wines that can be made under circumstances where some of the additives and chemicals might not be available. I want to perfect the skills to... well, if a "hootch-maker" is a 1 on a scale, and you experienced craftspeople here are 10s, I want to be at about a 7 on that scale, making thoroughly drinkable and enjoyable wines using a minimal amount of extraneous products. I do not know if I can achieve this unless I try, experiment, read, learn, and ask questions along the way. So...

I appreciate all the feedback y'all want to send my way, pro or con, positive or negative, because I'm open to every opinion and every piece of advice anyone wants to take the time to give :) Like I said before... y'all are great :)

OK, so I was curious... a pineapple cost me $4 and some sugar and yeast that I've already got... following their recipe, I got a starting SG of 1.115. I'm curious to see if I can ferment this to a high enough alcohol content that will allow for aging and clearing later. The only yeast I had was the RC212, that I learned here is a slow fermenter, so I'm expecting it to be in the bucket awhile. I'm thinking to pull the fruit out when the SG drops, then strain it through a flour sack and let it sit a bit longer before racking to secondary so it's got a better chance of clearing later on. What I'm ultimately looking to learn how to do is make reasonably decent wines that can be made under circumstances where some of the additives and chemicals might not be available. I want to perfect the skills to... well, if a "hootch-maker" is a 1 on a scale, and you experienced craftspeople here are 10s, I want to be at about a 7 on that scale, making thoroughly drinkable and enjoyable wines using a minimal amount of extraneous products. I do not know if I can achieve this unless I try, experiment, read, learn, and ask questions along the way. So...

I appreciate all the feedback y'all want to send my way, pro or con, positive or negative, because I'm open to every opinion and every piece of advice anyone wants to take the time to give :) Like I said before... y'all are great :)

You can achieve this goal. The things you need to be super-aware of are cleanliness (use very hot, almost scalding water as a sanitizer) and ABV.

The most susceptible period of problems is when your ingredients are a must and when fermentation is just getting underway.

If your ABV is high enough, the wine will be a disinfectant of its own after a certain point in transforming from must. To do that, you need to aim for 10% ABV or higher. That doesn't mean your bottles should not be heated at least in a hot cycle in the dishwasher before filling, but it helps to know the liquid itself fights unwanted bugs after a certain point. If you hit 12-14% ABV, you will be in a good zone.

If you are making a white or a lighter colored wine that is susceptible to oxidation, it will be evermore important to control oxygen access because you do not have k meta as a protectant.

You can marry this low- or no-chem front end to a traditional settling back end so that the wine is clear as a bell and nice in appearance once you bottle it.

On the back end, if you are planning to back-sweeten, you can cold crash and stabilize or use heat (Pasteurization) to stabilize, without using sorbate. A stainless steel coil immersed in a large pot of boiling water would work for heat stabilization. Be sure you wait long enough afterward to make certain it is stabilized.

But probably the best way from an easiness standpoint is just to adjust your SSG for the amount of residual sugar you want, if any, given the type of yeast you are using. This will take some trial and error and good note-keeping, but it can be achieved.

I think I may be a "hooch-maker". I like hooch. LOL :)

For me, I would always try to buy wine in the store in an attempt to find a sweet wine and I have tried my share of wine and wasted money on a lot and all of them did NOT taste good to me. Its' only until now since I am making my own wine (or hooch) and adding the amount of sugar that I need to make it as sweet as sweet can be, that I love wine.

Dry wine is "YUCK" to me and wine that is not sweet is also YUCK to me.

The last wine that I really enjoy was called Giani.

http://www.vivino.com/giani/sweet-cabernet-sauvignon-2008.html

The way I came to know this wine was that I went into the store and told the owners that I needed a sweet wine and I needed THE SWEETEST wine that they had in the store. I said that I wanted it to be sweet to the point that the makers had to add fruit to the sugar kinda sweet. He looked at me and said I know exactly what you want. He found the bottle of Giani and it was love at first taste. That was my favorite wine until I started making my own. And now I love the way that mine wine, oops, hooch taste. :r

So, I guess I should change my "hobby" to making hooch because that is what I like. I like sweet hooch. :h

Latest posts

Back