how slow is too slow

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
I picked up some Regina Pinot Grigio last Wednesday and have yet to see much activity. All 4 buckets had an so of 1.050 when I brought them home and now have warmed up to 67° but have yet to move (sg) since. There appears to be little or no turning Jr other signs of fermentation. I normally don't Ad any yeast to the Pinot from Regina but am starting to think it might not be a bad idea at this point. What do the masses think? Give it a couple more days or go ahead and add some

I would add yeast. I do Regina Pinot Grigio occasionally. It's awesome. Lalvin is my preferred yeast.

Maybe warm it up a bit more as well. ~70-74. See if that doesn't make em happy.

This. Your temps are too low. Yeast like warmer temps. I too did a natural fermentation this year and I am never going back. The pure fruit aroma with no traces of yeast have me sold on this technique. However it did take longer than normal to get it going but once the temps were in the mid 70's it took off. The total fermentation took longer, and fermented at cooler temps than with added yeast but longer ferments and cooler temps are a good thing. :try

Thanks for the advice everyone. I wanted to keep it on the cool side so I decided to add some D47 using a 4 hour re hydration schedule so we'll see what happens. I can't screw this stuff up as it's for my son's wedding (hopefully). It's one of their favorites. :(:(

Latest posts

Back