How much wine do you drink??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses (6oz) of wine a week do you enjoy

• Total voters

djcoop

Reaction score
A serving is 6 ounces and the recommend amount is 1 glass a day for women, and 2 glasses a day for men. Typically I have 1-2 glasses a night, about 4 nights a week. But since I have started making my own wine, and bottled it, I really want the whole bottle
smiley36.gif
. It just seems so sad if I sit it over there half empty
smiley19.gif

I also try to follow the health recommendation of wine consumption. That 1-2 glasses of wine a night relaxes me, settles my stomach, and give my body important things to keep me health.

Interesting thing, though. I've recently been doing some crash dieting, eating less than 1000 calories a day. When that wine hits my empty stomach, I get the same "relaxation" out of 1/2 glass of wine as I do out of 2 glasses on a full stomach.

Dieters beware.
smiley2.gif

Well, between my wife and I we drink 1-2 bottles a week. I guess we need to up our consuption though. Normally, we only drink with dinner, and with our schedules we only have dinner together on the weekends so that is when we drink our wine. When mine matures enough I'll have to start drinkingmore, at least 1 glass a day probably 2 so the bottle will be gone in 2 days.

Steve

No kidding. I really enjoy drinking wine, but if I don't have a good solid meal, I can get pretty toasty pretty quick.
smiley5.gif
Bert likes that though!
smiley36.gif

I love to drink wine and I do mainly on the weekends but lately it has been causing my heart to race and skip in the middle of the night so I have been trying not to over do it. A whole bottle without much to eat will have me awake and trying to catch my breath. It is so easy to get carried away especially when the conversation and laughing gets going, then the pouring continues to flow!!!! I know you all know what I mean. Best of times though!!!!!!

Ramona

I don't drink wine. Only onweekdays between 5 pm to 10 pm but never prior to 5pm unlessit was a bad day, then I will have some between 3 and 5 pm but never before 3...well maybe before 3 but no sooner than noon, and noon is my absolute limit...but on Saturdays noon is a sliding scale...if it is 3 am then it is before noon... but not after a few hours of sleep...unless I take a nap, then after the nap maybe a glass to wake up but never before church on Sunday...unless there is communion then never before but maybe after....

I'd have to say around 10 glasses per week

earl

Between 1 and two glasses a night. I have a set of 375ml bottles to really
limit my consumption during the week. Then again I have a set of 1.5 liter
bottles for the weekend!

I drink straight from the bottle and the bottle is made out of glass; so I guess I drink 1 or 2 glasses a night, but if the wine is good and the day has been bad then 3 glass a night, but then again if the wine is bad and the day is good I'll drink 4 glasses a night. If I really feel good and have company over then well we're back to beer.

My wife and I drink about 2 glass once or twice a week. on the weekends we start with a bottle of wine but we normally switch to beer, but maybe that will change now that I am making my own wine.

<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="3695960069">Would that be 2 to 3 glasses per night or 2/3rd of a glass?
smiley4.gif
</LABEL>

My wife and I love our wine with dinner. The trouble is when she opens a white and I prefer a red with dinner.
smiley9.gif

winesnob : My wife and I love our wine with dinner. The trouble is when she opens a white and I prefer a red with dinner.
smiley9.gif

Is that really a problem ? Leaves more for you don't it ?

Angell,
I don't prefer white over red or red over white. I choose my wine for dinner based on the food. Last night my wife made grilled lemon and herb marinated chicken with a balsamic orzo salad. She had the "Pillar Box Red" and I had a Macon white Burgundy made in a Chablis style. My wine went perfect with the meal. She tried my white, but didn't care for it. It was too acidic for her. The acidity, I thought, was a perfect match with the meal.
This past weekend, one of my brothers' had us over for dinner for a herb crusted lamb dinner. He told me to bring a white, and I brought a very nice bottle of Batard-Montrachet. Had he told me what he was making (kept it a secret), I would have brought a nice aged Barbaresco. Go figure
smiley5.gif

Back