How much is allowed?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do some of yall really have more than 1000 bottles? I just mean bottles, seeing as it would be illegal to have wine in more than 1000 bottles
smiley2.gif

I'm not only making wine, I'm giving it to friends. One of whom is LDS. I'm going straight to HECK!
smiley15.gif
Mwahahahahaha!!!!

mjdtexan said:
Do some of yall really have more than 1000 bottles? I just mean bottles, seeing as it would be illegal to have wine in more than 1000 bottles
smiley2.gif

You CAN have over 1,000 bottles just not all bottled in the same year.
YEP! last count I have 60 full cases andclose to 400 on wine racks and 23 6-gallon carboys to be bottled soon.
smiley20.gif

You can ferment 200 gallons per year. So if you keep a book of records witch I do to keep up with my wines you can keep track of your gallons per date. If they question you, witch I do not see them doing you have something to show them.

I would think it was a very slow day in townwhen the state or the feds start to try and figure out who was making more than 200 gals of wine or beer ...unless you are selling it..

mjdtexan said:
So, how many 750 ml bottles do you have to have on hand to get caught with 200 gallons of wine¿ 1000?

5 bottles = 1 gallon

200x5 = 1000 bottles a year...................

gaudet said:
mjdtexan said:
So, how many 750 ml bottles do you have to have on hand to get caught with 200 gallons of wine¿ 1000?

5 bottles = 1 gallon

200x5 = 1000 bottles a year...................

1000 bottles of wine on the wall.........................

I think I'd be happy with 500 myself to start............. and then work my way up

gaudet said:
I think I'd be happy with 500 myself to start............. and then work my way up

Mark my words !
smiley36.gif

Once you taste what you make it will not be long till you have 1,000 Bbottles.
smiley20.gif

OK, I thought KY was weird until I heard the 10' wall story. :D

80+/- counties out of 120 counties in the state are dry in KY. Now, you can have a wet city in a Dry county (Springfield/Washington Co --- and a dry city in a wet county.

The joke here in KY is Bourbon Co is dry and Christian Co is wet - cute joke.

Now our town just became "Moist" - which means a restaurant can sell beer, wine, liquor --- if they 1 - seat 100 or more and 2 - hey derive more than 75% of their income from food - cheap drinks and high food (laws of unintended consequences). Many, many happy hours around with half priced drinks.

I think it is all silly - we are adults, right? Europe does not have their panties in a wad about booze - why do we?

According to the Beer page link re states, it looks like there is no homebrewing technically allowed in KY. who knew?

So on i plug making beer and wine - they may take me away, but I will go singing.
smiley20.gif

Utah is gorgeous, but a 10' wall? Dang.

Brad in the Bluegrass - making wine and loving Bourbon

Latest posts

Back