How many people does it take to change a lightbulb on WMT?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
249 to post memes and gifs.
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.
19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, buy them.
5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.
13 to comment "Me too".
5 to post to the page that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the $!%cking light bulb controversy.
6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
22 to ask if there is a flounce in progress.
349 to post flounce memes.
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb.
4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post up to 4 years later and start it all over again.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I wonder if they make lightbulbs with Automatic Hydrometer and Ph readings connected to my phone?

Does CO3 impact the reading? What about heat from the light bulb throwing off the readings?

Are those environmentally friendly lightbulbs approved by Al Gore?

I question why we need to change the light bulb to begin with. After all, has anyone looked into the possibility that the switch to it was not turned on ..... or the lamp is defective..... or the circuit breaker/fuse has tripped?
Many moons ago my boss called me from another office. He was trying to print and it wasn't working. In addition to other duties, I was the office tech guy. I talked him through troubleshooting, e.g., printer is plugged in, all cables are seated securely, etc. After 15 minutes I had a thought:

Me: Larry, is the printer turned on?

Larry: Oh, @^*%!!!

Many moons ago my boss called me from another office. He was trying to print and it wasn't working. In addition to other duties, I was the office tech guy. I talked him through troubleshooting, e.g., printer is plugged in, all cables are seated securely, etc. After 15 minutes I had a thought:

When I am helping folks over the phone troubleshoot Tech problems, I always start off by apologizing that I am about to ask them some questions of things they have probably already checked and are going to sound like I think they are dumb, but it's my process of how to solve things. Powered on is number 1, then on to plugged in, communicating, etc. It often amazes me how often after one or two we hit the problem.

The worst to deal with is my 95 Year-old Father, who still uses his computer nearly daily, he lives alone and is Secretary for about 3 or 4 Organizations (down from 7 or 8). I didn't change anything, but now I can't print, yesterday I could.

Powered on is number 1, then on to plugged in, communicating, etc. It often amazes me how often after one or two we hit the problem.
My boss at that time was tech savvy, and for him to have a problem was unusual. Since that time I ask first about power. 🤣

Just about 2 hrs ago I proved that point with the clothes dryer. Loaded it with wet clothes and pressed the ON button. Nothing. Checked CKT breaker - Ok there. About to go get my multimeter when I took another look at the control panel of the dryer. Mine has 2 knobs, one for time the other for ON. That's when I saw the time button had timed out. Duh! When I set it for a time it came to life. This took me less then 10 minutes but I amazed myself when I realized how stupid I was.

Last edited:
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.
13 to comment "Me too".
5 to post to the page that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the $!%cking light bulb controversy.
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post up to 4 years later and start it all over again.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Strange you should mention 'lamps'. Many years ago I was meeting with a rep about procuring projector 'lamps' in bulk. During the meeting, I referred to them as bulbs, and the rep corrected me stating that they where 'lamps'. After the third time he corrected me, I looked at him and said, 'I know they are lamps, now do you want to sell me the damn bulbs, or not?'. He did not correct me again.

Strange you should mention 'lamps'. Many years ago I was meeting with a rep about procuring projector 'lamps' in bulk. During the meeting, I referred to them as bulbs, and the rep corrected me stating that they where 'lamps'. After the third time he corrected me, I looked at him and said, 'I know they are lamps, now do you want to sell me the damn bulbs, or not?'. He did not correct me again.
A few years ago when the home improvement retailers started phasing out incandescent light bulbs a coworker told me his dad had bought a pallet of 100w incandescent bulbs. I asked why and he said he wanted to make sure he had a 10 year supply. I asked if he knew how many LEDs that would be and just walked away as he was thinking about it.

A few years ago when the home improvement retailers started phasing out incandescent light bulbs a coworker told me his dad had bought a pallet of 100w incandescent bulbs. I asked why and he said he wanted to make sure he had a 10 year supply. I asked if he knew how many LEDs that would be and just walked away as he was thinking about it.
I purchased a box of 60 watt bulbs. Why? Because I keep a pigtail inside my well cover, with the plug sticking out. When the weather drops below freezing I plug in the pigtail, and the heat of the bulb keeps the inside of the cover above freezing. Cheapest space heater available, and it's easy to tell it's working, as I can see light under the edge of the well cover. I paid $2 for the pigtail 3 decades ago and changes the bulbs every 7 years, on average. I have enough bulbs to outlast me .... ;)

12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
13 to comment "Me too".

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
You need no one, but the light bulb has to be willing to change.

Latest posts

Back