how long to soak corks ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say my, my what an interesting sense of discernment! Then I go
:):):):):)

I guess if it's nationwide (like in Michigan, Illinois and New York), then it must be OK! Hmmm...

j/k robie - I do have a sense of humor, my friend!

I say my, my what an interesting sense of discernment! Then I go

I guess if it's nationwide (like in Michigan, Illinois and New York), then it must be OK! Hmmm...

j/k robie - I do have a sense of humor, my friend!

You gotta admit that skit WAS pretty funny... :)

OK, back to the serious side. Can you [I do] store corks for long periods in a cork-a -dor? Some times mine are in there for 2 months between bottling sessions. Will there be any detrimental side affects? Roy

Well, as was already said:

Dont soak! A little spray and you're good to go.

:)

The corkidore or whatever you want to call it as storage should not harm the corks at all long-term. I think the idea was hatched for long-term storage. I just never bother with it. I keep mine in the original opened packages, zipped up inside Ziplock freezer bags, and give them a quick spritz with kmeta before use. Never had a problem. Your mileage may vary.

I keep mine in a corkidor as well with a lid snapped and sealed between uses. I use a plastic quart milk jug filled with K-Meta in the center of the bucket. After 6-9 months the SO2 will dissipate even with the lid snapped. At that time its time to replace with new Sulfite.

Latest posts

Back