how long does port stay good after open?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshosted

Reaction score
I just bought a port from a store because I have never had a port before. So I bought a split. Well I am only able to have one glass at a time becuase it is so sweet. The alc content is 19%. I was wondering how long will this stay good in my fridge?

I konw that a typical wine will only stay good for about two days (IMHO) in the fridge after open.

Wow.................

Storing a partially drank bottle???????

I don't know what your talking about
smiley36.gif

Never thought about that...................

It should be ok for at least 8-10 days rshosted. Would benifit from a puff or two on a vacu vin if you have one

I really like the vacu vin. I noticed a diffrence in the wines we stored in the fridge a right away when we started using it.

We use our vac a lot. I think we have 4 or 5 "corks" for it. Some nights we're like Jack Sprat and his wife. One of us wants red the other wants white. And really, I shouldn't drink an entire bottle of wine on a school night!
smiley11.gif
If you haven't invested in a vacu vin, this would be the time to do it! It really does help to extend the life of the wine.

That is a good idea. I actually have a FoodSaver with the wine bottle tops (same concept I think). I should have done that. But with the port, I pour about and ounce or two then put the cork back in.... then later have another ounce or two...
I thought it would last a alot longer, but alas this morning it was gone :( but I know I'm going to buy another bottle today for thanksgiving. And some reisling for eating with the turkey. It's the best for the seasonings (IMHO)

Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a port or two though.....

We have a port bulk aging right now and we're going to bottle it in many smaller bottles. We'd hate to end up in your boat! I think this will last a long time and then it's gone!
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back