How it has all changed today

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh..

And Welcome to the forum! You are correct that there are a lot of Yanks here. Please do not hold that against us. The folks here are very helpful and personable..

Canterbury. Centre of the church of England with the Archbishop of Canterbury. Very old city, Chaucers's Canterbury tales. Lots of tourism etc. A nice place to live in. A champagne house has just purchased land on the surrounding chalk hills to grow grapes.

Thank you for the pictures! Hopefully when I retire my wife and I can visit England. I have a bunch of relatives buried in the Parish Church of Saint Mary the Virgin in Chipping Norton. Just love the countryside around there. Please keep sharing!

Ahhh! The Cotswolds, Quintessential England. How people from other counties think England looks like from tv programmes. Stunning history and views. No, I do not work for the tourist industry!

Getting back to the OP..

If you do not see the need for degassing, then you have never had a fizzy wine.

The main reason for degassing(and there are several) is that there are times that CO2 will go into solution. This makes the wine slightly fizzy. Degassing takes care of this.

I know that things might seem overly complicated, but usually there are good reasons for each procedure. You may think that you can produce a very drinkable wine using only a few simple steps (and you are probably right), but what if you could the wine even BETTER?? Would that be worth a little more complexity?

My suggestion is to do some experimenting of your own. Try out some of these procedures and see if you like the wine better. What have you got to lose??

I did read this article and I am now hunting an article to see the impact on wine in terms of wine chemistry etc

http://www.techniquesinhomewinemaki...ent and Its Impact on Wine Chemistry v0.2.pdf

Latest posts

Back