Quantcast

Home from Austin

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Went to Texas for first time this weekend. What a great place. Now a BBQ restaurant and winery combo was a shock to see but food was great and wine wasnt half bad either. The Italian restaurant /winery down the road, had some great wine but no BBQ. I am thinking I really like Austin and may start spending a lot of time there.

Deezil

Reaction score
'Seattle Sunshine' dont do it for ya anymore, huh? :)

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Austin is a great town. Beautiful sites, great food & restaurants and a fantastic music scene as well. Have family in Austin, San Antonio and New Braunfels. If only it weren't 90% humidity and 95 degrees F most of the time!

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Geez, mmadmikes1, I would never have thought you would be saying this! You up there with dial up internet and Big Foot and you want to trade that for high speed internet and a cow?????? :) Even for once in awhile :slp

Bartman

Reaction score
Join the club! All the cool kids are moving to Texas! Plus, Fine vine Wines is only 3 hours up the road in Dallas...

tonyt

Reaction score
You went to Saltlick BBQ and Duchman?

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
You went to Saltlick BBQ and Duchman?
Yep, first place I went. No Deezil, it was sunshine in the form of a wonderful Red Head.Julie, my last trip before this was to PA. I like Texas (maybe the company) better

Last edited:

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, first place I went. No Deezil, it was sunshine in the form of a wonderful Red Head.Julie, my last trip before this was to PA. I like Texas (maybe the company) better
Well I can see how you may have liked the company better down there since it wasn't me that you were visiting when you came to PA, :tz :)

JoshDivino

Inquiring Knowledge Member
Reaction score
Bartman said:
Join the club! All the cool kids are moving to Texas! Plus, Fine vine Wines is only 3 hours up the road in Dallas...
You may have fine wines in Dallas, but Washington has some of the best right now, and you'll be leaving me mike :(

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
You may have fine wines in Dallas, but Washington has some of the best right now, and you'll be leaving me mike :(
I will visit but Son, mountains, trees, ocean , Grandchildren, great wine grapes, perfect weather(I love snow) and Washington is home. But spending a couple of months a year in Austin will work.