Mosti Mondiale Hierarchy of kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwineleo

Reaction score
Anybody that has done the Mosti stuff have an opinion on the hierarchy of kits? In other words, is the masters edition all that much better than just the bucket of all juice? And does it make a difference if you're going after a white or a red? I love the cabs and my wife likes the chardonnays. I haven't ventured into a white yet and I'm wondering how to hit a home run for her on the first kit I do in a white. Would anything in the WineExpert line be just as good or better to start with?

I can't comment on the hierarchy but I can say something about the 23l all juice kits. I started the Soave at the end of December and everything went according to the instructions. It cleared beautifully, the lees were compacted tightly, the clearing agents works as advertised. It exactly filled a 23l carboy after primary fermentation and I needed only about 1000ml to top off after racking off the lees. I tasted the other day since I had some commercial Soave left over from topping and I think they are comparable (but I don't have a very developed palate). The instructions said to let it carboy age for 6-8 weeks so it will be bottled Easter weekend. One of the best, straightforward, easiestkits I've ever done (except for getting the 23l into the primary, he he).

I have a Masters Chardonnay coming in a few weeks so I'll be able to compare but I have a feeling that they will be similar.

The Master's Edition is a definite step up from the All Juice series. I have several of both in the works and the Master's has more aroma, flavor and body. I will have to add that mine are very young and I do think the MM kits will take longer to come around.

I will also add that MM has a higher level called the Meglioli line. It is a limited edition series only available in January, February and March. Since the kits will retail for around $200.00, I wanted to make some first, before posting for sale.We did a tasting ofthe 5 week old Barolo and Pinot Gris from this series in the store today. The result was "awesome". These kits are definitely a cut above the other kits on the market. I did not know a Pinot Gris could taste that good and it will be extremely difficult for me to age the Barolo.

I will definitely have these for sale next year. If you want to make a $25-30 bottle of wine from a kit, this is it!

BTW, the renaissance line of 16 liter kits is comparable to the Selection Estate series. I have made the Carmenere and it will be a very good wine. In May, I will start some more wines, but I have 14 carboys for the next bottling party and 5 of the frozen juices to start at the end of April, so the plate is full.

Redwineleo:
My first Mosit kit was Mosti Mondiale Renaissance REO78. It is one month old and I'm drinking it faster that I should. I need to let it age, having trouble letting it age and plan on purchasing another kit. I also have in bulk the Monsti Mondiale All Juice Master Addition AJMEO78, it is also outstanding. Letting it bulk age so I won't be tempted to drink it like the other. Waiting to be made is Nero D' Avola MMS55, and Amarone MM578 of the Mosti brand. These are outstanding "red" wines. Sorry, I'm not a white wine person.If they(white wines) are anything like the red wine's I'm sure you would hit that home run! I have been very impressed with the Mosti brand kits. Edited by: jsmahoney

js: have you lived in Tecumseh long? I was born and raised in your neck of the woods @ Nebraska City.

Latest posts

Back