Hey Rawhide!!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
Guess who'll be drinking medal winning wine soon?

smiley14.gif

It's in all in the mail!
smiley2.gif

This year it's WE Cab-Shiraz! Rawhide got my last bottle!!!!
smiley4.gif

Is that the WE Selection International Australian Cabernet-Shiraz? One of my favorites. I limit my consumption of it trying to get itwell aged. Been aging about a year and a half now.

who who who ?

what happend?

bring us all up to date on your seccess?

sounds like you're just teasing!!!!

rrawhide

Yes, Appleman it is!

It medaled but I won't know what color until Wednesday evening, Rawhide. You will have to take your time and savor!
smiley14.gif

Congradulations Joan! You do such a great job with everything.
smiley32.gif
I'm rooting for a GOLD Medal for you! You will need to start another batch of this one. Meanwhile if you make it up this fall I will save you a bottle.

Hey Rawhide!!!!!! I just found the most beautiful pen in my mailbox!! I love it!!! I hope you like my wine half as much!

Thank you!!!
smiley1.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley1.gif

Joan said:
Hehe Find a contest and enter your own, Wade!
smiley17.gif
They only hold 1 here Joan and it seems they always hold it during the week which really makes it difficult for me and even though I put myself on their mailing list I never seem to get any mail telling me when it is and I need 2 weeks notice to get a day off where I work unless its an emergency.

Hey Rawhide! You'll be drinking bronze medal wine! All I need is a silver to have a full set! =)

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Congratulations Joan! Wish it was a gold medal, but bronze will do!
Was this the NYS Fair in Syracuse?

P.S. How did you make out with the Shiv you made- er I mean Sheave of grain?
smiley36.gif
Edited by: appleman

Thanks, Appleman!! Yes, it was the NYS Fair.

I made two sheaves. I wasn't pleased with the wheat so I ended up adding a lot more to it. I finally got around to making the rye. They each won their class and the wheat was the Reserve Champion Sheave. Some really beautiful silage corn was Champion. I'm very pleased!
smiley14.gif

Edited by: Joan

Joan, they finally sent me a letter for the wine competition that gave me 2 days to get my wines down there and entered and thats not enough time. The competition is in Monroe Ct.

Congratulations Joan
smiley32.gif

Wade: We have a similar problem here at the local fair. Last year they wouldn't let home wine maker enter vinifera wine, only certain fruit wines. A lot of us complained so this year they said we could enter them. I got the notice for submittal on 8/24. Tasting was taking place on 8/25, and all wine submittals had to be via Postal service by 8/17. The local big boys are just afraid of a little competition if ya ask me. So next year I'm submitting my scuppernong, if I can get it to the right people by the right date.

Latest posts

Back